One Acre Fund recruitment for Enumerators
One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Locations: Niger and Oyo
- Carrying out surveys on behalf of One Acre Fund
- Accurately record survey responses for One Acre Fund
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and / or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Accurately report on time regarding work performance information, which will include:
- Field execution of One Acre Fund surveys and questionnaires
- Ensuring that targets and goals are met in the execution of your duties through work planning
- Any other duties related to One Acre Fund daily activities may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Qualifications in the fields of the Social Sciences, Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies or Statistics
- A sound track record in developing and conducting research
- Proven skills in the use of mobile device for data collection
- Possess a degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Willingness and ability to do physically demanding work and to pass long days in the field
- Fluency in English and Yoruba and/or Hausa (written and verbal) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, ability to use G-Suite is an added advantage
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in the North Central and/or South Western part(s) of Nigeria
- Experience working in communities in Niger State and/or Oyo State
- Experience in data collection and analysis using participatory methodology
- Resident in Niger State or Oyo State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position
Application Deadline 25th December, 2021.