Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Ongoing Recruitment at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, 7th February, 2019
Ongoing Recruitment at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, 7th February, 2019
Feb 7, 2019, 10:32 PM
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant Job Number: 519339 Locations: Sokoto (2 posts), Kano (3 posts), Abuja (3 posts) Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment Level: GS-5 For every child, a future
- Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Follows up both internally with the supply section and externally with counterparts to ensure supplies for programme implementation are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Arranges meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, and financial closures.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and follow up.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Supports the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in administration, programme support or clerical work is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
- UNICEFs core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2019.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Internal candidates applied earlier for the posts need not apply again as their application will automatically be included.
- Available to internal candidates only.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts