Outreach and Fundraising Intern at Empowering Women for Excellence Initiative (EWEI)
Empowering Women for Excellence Initiative (EWEI) is a Non-Governmental Organisation founded in April 2008. EWEI has been actively working to achieve her vision of the empowerment of women and girls through enlightenment. With over 25,000 beneficiaries and dedicated staff, EWEI is eager to welcome new team members passionate about serving communities and pursuing our mission of providing multi-sectoral intervention for the development and empowerment of girls and women. EWEI is a non-discriminatory organisation committed to elevating the voices of the women and girls disproportionately affected by systemic inequalities through our various programmes and initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outreach and Fundraising Intern (OFI)
Employment Type: Internship
Expected Start Date: 1st December 2021.
Contract Duration: Initial contract of limited duration, renewable based on performance. Probation period of 1 month.
- The Outreach and Fundraising Intern (OFI) remotely works within EWEI's Outreach and Fundraising Unit, which combines grant writing, fundraising and partnerships. OFIs will hone their skills in these areas through practical experience and get hands-on skills in building professional networks for a feminist result-driven non-governmental organisation.
- This internship is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in gaining more experience in professional writing, fundraising and grant writing, international development and non-profit project management.
- OFIs will sharpen writing skills, learn how to develop proposals and reports, and gain research experience. It's also a chance to contribute to the valuable non-profit interventions of EWEI in Nigeria.
- This internship provides training and mentoring from experienced Outreach and Fundraising Specialists.
- The selected intern will work 15-24 hours per week.
The Outreach and Fundraising Intern (OFI) will remotely support the organisation's routine outreach and fundraising functions.Duties of the intern:
- Supports in the development of organisational marketing and outreach framework (inclusive of actionable tools)
- Conducts grant prospect research
- Participate in planning meetings, grant meetings and proposal project ideation with team
- Track and report progress on all assigned duties to support the Outreach and Fundraising unit
- Scopes identifies and develops partnerships with relevant networks, coalitions, think tanks, inter-governmental organisations, CBOs and I/NGOs to drive EWEI's strategic priorities.
- Support in development and delivery of high-quality grant proposals to secure targets of diverse (restricted and unrestricted) funds with set targets
Required Education, Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree ongoing or completed essential in any discipline. Additional experience in fundraising, international development and establishing professional partnerships is a plus.
- Experience with data entry and/or databases
- Must be familiar and able to comfortably utilise the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written English
- Other languages (e.g. Hausa) and foreign languages, including French, are an advantage.
- Must be passionate and committed to learning.
- Excellent ability to utilise remote working tools: Zoom, Google suites and other relevant software
- An understanding of the development and non-profit sector in Nigeria and/or globally
- Demonstrated ability to network and liaise with international stakeholders, including the media
- Good writing skills, including the ability to write persuasively
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Unpaid, Intern will gain experience and receive a Recommendation Letter based on performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV, cover letter and passport photograph to: email@example.com with the title "EWEI OFI" as the subject of the email.
Note: Females of all nationalities are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 28th November, 2021 by 11:59 pm WAT.