Plant Logistics Officer at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Plant Logistics Officer (Weighbridge Operations)
Ref No: OKPELLA-LOGISTICS-0001
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Head, Plant Logistics
- Provide support for the implementation of DCP’s logistics policies and processes by participating in planning/ coordinating movement of cement products and/ or materials between the Plant and approved areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the plant weighbridge to measure and track accurate measurements for all incoming and outgoing vehicles.
- Maintain log of incoming and outgoing trucks from the Plant, with information including quantity of products, arrival/ departure time, name of driver, etc.
- Initiate investigations to resolve issues of discrepancy in records of weights/ quantity of products loaded or offloaded.
- Ensure that all plant logistics activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
- Monitor performance of the weighbridge equipment and liaise with Maintenance team to perform routine maintenance (or rectify identified equipment faults).
- Develop and submit reports of logistics activities at the Plant and provide recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in receipt of inbound materials e.g. Gypsum, fuels.
- Participate in outbound materials planning and logistics coordination.
- Assist in hiring third party trucks.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Plant Logistics.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business, Logistics, or other related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in logistics management.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system based inventory management systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply