Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) Legislative Internship Programme 2022
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) - Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity building organisation that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, PLAC works to promote citizens’ engagement with government institutions and to advocate for legal and policy reforms and promote transparency and accountability in policy and decision-making processes.
Applications are invited for:
Title: PLAC 2021 Legislative Internship Programme
Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration of Internship: April - June 2021
- Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) is implementing a 10-week long fulltime internship programme with support from the European Union (EU) for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least, a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office packages)
- Aged between 18 and 35 years.
- Completed NYSC
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Only stipends to cover transportation and lunch costs within Abuja will be provided. Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern.
- It is advised that prospective Interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship as PLAC will not provide accommodation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two-page Resume or CV in MS Word format, saved in their name and a 300-word "Statement of Interest" indicating the importance of their participation in the programme to: [email protected] with the Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2022.
Important Information and Notice
- The Statement of Purpose should be sent as an in-line text on the body of the email and NOT sent as an attachment. Also include your state of origin in your resume as interns will be selected from all States of the Federation and the FCT.
- Applications sent after the deadline or in breach of the application procedure will not be entertained. The internship provides for equal opportunity participation.
- All persons from across Nigeria are encouraged to apply