Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Power Plant Engineer / Operator at BU Power Limited
Power Plant Engineer / Operator at BU Power Limited
Feb 26, 2020, 12:49 PM
BU Power Limited is a company established to develop and operate independent power plants. Our focus is meeting the power requirements of our customers in the Health, Educational, Industrial and Commercial Sectors of the Nigerian Economy. We take pride in the fact that our clients enjoy reliable and uninterrupted electricity all year round.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Power Plant Engineer / Operator Location: Ogun
- Inspect power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidences of operating problems and notify the Plant Manager of any issue that may arise on continued operation of equipment.
- Carry out efficient breakdown troubleshooting/fault finding of machines and equipment
- Carry out the documentation of maintenance parameters for plant improvement
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Provide technical advice and assess project requirements
- Measure the performance of electrical components, devices and engines.
- Read design specifications and technical drawings on every equipment purchased before installation.
- Diagnose cause of electrical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes, risk assessment, safety and quality procedures
- Conducting machine/equipment audit at intervals to ascertain their operational efficiency index.
- Ensure minimum downtime to Power Generation
- Oversee the electrical operations at the plant
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs of machines and auxiliary equipment to avoid breakdown by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Ensure proper follow-up of the preventive maintenance plans on all company equipment.
- Daily planning and managing of plant activities.
- Carry out all other specialized functions to meet the on-going need of the organization.
- Strict adherence to health and safety at work
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be energetic and able to work with a team.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with verifiable practical experience
- Be able to troubleshoot electrical faults on machines and equipment
- Have ability to use electrical tools and instruments
- Affiliation to professional bodies e.g. COREN would be an added advantage.
- Project management
- Must have good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must be innovative.
- Analyzing information and attention to detail
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail. Application Deadline 6th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts