Procurement Associate at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Job Description / Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Procurement Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide support to the procurement team in ensuring full compliance of procurement activities with USAID and Chemonics rules and regulations, as well as policies and strategies.
- Support procurement planning through collaboration with project staff and managers in the preparation of the procurement plan.
- Maintain and update the Procurement Master Tracker and provide feedback on purchase to supervisor.
- Draft letters, memoranda, email, etc. and monitor the progress and liaise with vendors during the entire procurement cycle.
- Release RFQs or other tender documents as may be required, ensuring their conformity with USAID/Chemonics approved templates or seeking Compliance clearance in case of required adjustments.
- Prepare purchase orders and work closely with the procurement managers to execute micro-purchases, follow-through and process payment to vendors upon completion of tasks.
- Maintain a database of procurement standards and tools, rooster of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics and contract advertisement and awards for dissemination on a regular basis.
- Conduct the Visual Search for all vendors and contractors before they are engaged to supply goods and/or services.
- Ensure availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
- Prepare weekly reports on procurement matters.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Liaise with the logistics unit or IT unit on receipt of goods, equipment and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, inspection report, or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken.
- Provide support to carryout market research to determine sources of supplies.
- Prepare shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers.
- Set-up/enhance and maintain a database of local suppliers ensuring regular update of data.
- Maintain a vendor database and ensure effective use of the system to record the listing, updating, evaluation and monitoring of performance of service providers and vendors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Studies, management or a related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in procurement or in a relevant field;
- Proactive, with positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills are required
- Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet;
- Experience of working on USAID-funded or donor-funded project is required;
- The Procurement Associate will report directly to the Procurement Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th September, 2022.
- Please apply by completing the form and submitting a CV
- No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors