Program Assistant at Pro-Health International
Nov 18, 2020, 4:19 PM
Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to the vulnerable and under-served populations in Nigeria for over 29 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care projects and Global Health security and Orphans and Vulnerable Children Interventions
Pro-Health International is inviting suitable candidates for the Program Assistant -Key population positionfor its newly awarded USAID funded OVC project ICHSSA 4:Integrated Child Health and Social Services to be implemented in Nigeria. TheICHSSA 4 project seeks to improve the wellbeing ofOVCs and their caregivers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant - Key Population
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Job Purpose
- He / She shall work under the direct supervision of the Advisor Integrated HIV care and Support and guidance from the Senior Program Manager to provide both technical and administrative support towards implementation of quality and sustainable Comprehensive HIV prevention program, HIV testing services and linkage to treatment in line with the UNAIDS 90:90:90 targets for the KP community through KP-led CSOs at facility, community and project levels in line with national policies and guidelines and international best practices and deliver on the programrelated goals and targets.
- In collaboration with CSOs provide assistance to CSOs on ICHSSA4 project and program for KP
- Work under the leadership of the IHCSA/SPM to provide technical support for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Comprehensive HIV prevention program, HIV testing services and linkage for key population.
- Initiate and encourage best practices in the field of comprehensive HIV prevention program, HIV testing services and linkage services to key populations.
- Encourage proper documentation using recommended tools both at community and facility levels
- Work with other program staff and thematic areas to map out strategies to achieve set program objectives and cover gaps identified.
- Work with key population networks and other organizations to advance advocacy priorities of key populations living with HIV (e.g. Sexual Reproductive Health rights and access to HIV and STI management services, among others)
- Facilitate viral load monitoring and testing for all HIV positive KPs in the program who are on ART and are eligible.
- Support partner sites, collaborating NGOs/CSOs and other partners to provide comprehensive HIV prevention program, HIV testing services and linkage services, in accordance with GON policies and guidelines and internationally recognized best practices.
- Support Community facilitators, Outreach Workers and Case managers to conduct IPC sessions and provide HTS services in the communities with linkage.
- Facilitate referral and linkages of all HIV positive children of KPs to ART treatment, care and support services.
- Carry out initiatives to enhance retention in care and reduce loss to follow of HIV positive KP clients
- Ensure quality ART adherence services to HIV positive C-KP
- Facilitate STI screening and syndromic management of C-KP beneficiaries
- And any other delegated task that enhances your skills.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Public Health / Social works or similar degree.
- 1-year relevant experience in Key Population HIV project at health facility, and community levels.
- Training in Sexual diversity / Orientation certificate
- Program management and planning certificate
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
- Candidates MUST be living and show evidence of having worked in either Bauchi or Adamawa state where the job applied for, is domiciled
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Knowledge of C-KP health and development programs in Nigeria.
- Knowledge and experience in HIV program implementation among C-KPs at the Community and Facility level.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Appropriate computer skills.
- Understands and speaks Hausa and any regional-based language an advantage
- Ability to travel within Adamawa and Bauchi state 50% time.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Extensive travel within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to CSOs, participation at trainings, meetings, outreaches and program reviews.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter / suitability statement along with their Resume / CV to: email@example.com with the Job title and location as a subject
Important Information / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity Language: "Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th November, 2020.