Program Officer at Global Fund
Global Fund is presently implementing a COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) grant in 12 states and Community Systems Strengthening towards Resilient & Sustainable System for Health (CSSRSSH) grant in 6 states in Nigeria for the period January 2022 - December 2023. The Grant is being implemented through a Principal Recipient, National Agency for the Control of HIV / AIDS (NACA).
ATM CSO Networks are to implement the community component of the grant. Pursuant to the above, the ATM networks seek the services of experienced and committed candidates with experience in programme management, monitoring and evaluation, and administration to work as a team supporting the networks' activities in the states in the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Project: COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and Community Systems Strengthening Towards Resilient & Sustainable System for Health (CSS-RSSH)
Coordinated By: Network of People Living with HIV / AIDS (NEPWHAN)
- The ATM networks are working together to implement the above project with each one providing coordination and oversight to specific number of states as stated below, and as such require the services of a Programme Officer in each of the States / locations mentioned below for two years renewable.
- The Programme Officers will principally be responsible for, and focus on, providing technical and professional assistance and support to the CBOS / FBOS working on the C19RM project within their states, provide effective programme management and administration, as well as the monitoring, supervising and reporting on the activities of CBOS / FBOs and CLMTs in their respective states.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria
- Applicant must have Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in a Health-related discipline or Social Sciences with 2 - 3 years post-qualification experience in an organisation working on TB, HIV / AIDS or Malaria.
- An applicant with working experience in more than one of these disease areas has an added advantage.
- Have the ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Have well developed writing and analytical skills as well as the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Have effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholders' relationships
- Possess the ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a team, including supporting others and managing priorities; and be able to communicate fluently in English and the local dialect(s) of the states and localities they would be working in.
- Have good communication and community mobilisation skills;
- Be resident in the state he/she is applying to work in.
- Be ready to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one (1) Document to: [email protected] using the State, Job Title and their full Name (e.g. Kano - Program Officer - Usman Bola Obi) as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2022.
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the contacts of the network as shown above.
- No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Do note that any candidate with submissions for multiple positions and who do not abide by the method of application will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.