Programme Manager at RedAid Nigeria
RedAid Nigeria is the local arm of German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA); an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization and a member of the International Federation of Anti Leprosy Associations. GLRA supports the Federal Government of Nigeria in Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer and other Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) Control in Southern States of the Federation.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Manager (Leprosy, other Neglected Tropical Diseases & TB)
Reporting To: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), through the Director of Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to State Teams in medical and managerial aspects of Leprosy, other Neglected Tropical Diseases’ (NTDs’) and Tuberculosis (TB> control in accordance with National guidelines
- Participate in preparation of work plans, annual plan of action, and budget of Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control Programme
- Provide leadership in operational research related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Organize training programmes at the national, states and local levels according to work plan requirements.
- Prepare quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reports.
- Participate in proposal writing and other resource mobilization activities
- Contribute to prudent financial management and sound procurement processes
- Participate in formulation of policies, regulation and technical guidelines related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of Leprosy, TB and other NTDs control activities/Programmes
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- University Degree in Medicine, Nursing, or related Health Sciences
- Master's Degree in Public Health or its equivalent.
- 5 years in program management experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets, basic financial management and how to contribute to effective procurement process.
- Good knowledge of strategies for prevention, treatment and care of HIV/AIDS.
- Good knowledge and ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and basic epidemiological / statistics analysis.
- Demonstrable abilIties frameamwork.
- Experience in working bilateral or multilateral organisations in the country.
- Excellent knowledge of the strategies for prevention and control of Leprosy, TB, NTDs or communicable diseases.
- Experience in working within or contributing to the national resj,onse to TB, Leprosy, NTDs, HIV/AIDS and other communicabIe diseases.
- Proven competences in modern training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter addressing qualification and experience above with CV as one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The post requires extensive travelling for field-work
- Female candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and test
Application Deadline 21st December, 2021.