Programs Manager at Welcome2Africa International
Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company headquartered in London, United Kingdom Founded in 2012 with the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa specialises in catalysing investment interest in the continent, with a current focus on agribusiness. The private sector has long been acknowledged as the engine of economic growth. Yet, the sector is largely under-developed or informal in many African countries. Compounding this problem, the financial sector also tends to be under-developed across the continent, leaving many segments of the population, including entrepreneurs, under-served or un-served altogether. Due to limited budgets, governments are often unable to effectively intervene to correct this market failure. Welcome2Africa works with, and mobilises investment from a variety of actors, including local as well as international commercial and corporate banks, development finance institutions, aid agencies, foundations, impact investors, private equity firms and more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols, SOPs, for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Building a team and growing a strategy to help achieve company goals
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Work with CEO and team achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, W2A
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company.
- Primary research and secondary research -Most Especially for ouronline and offline events
- Help develop compelling email alerts, press releases and newsletters through the MailChimp email marketing tool and Keep abreast of industry trends, styles and practices in email marketing
- Help coordinate communication campaigns both on and offline.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a detailed communication strategy.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Provides research and information to facilitate investment decision making
- Provide support to the organization that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV detailing your suitability and experience not more than 1000 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business. The job description will be reviewed periodically