Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Project Accountant at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Project Accountant at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Jun 25, 2020, 1:54 AM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2020-016 Location: Ibadan Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Prepare statements of expenditures (SOE) as required by the donor for justification and reporting.
- Liaise with all project partners to obtain required information (work plans) in time, check for completeness, accuracy and allowability of the expenses before finalizing the sub agreements in close working relationship with PDAU and IITA finance team to effect payment.
- Prepare payment, petty cash payment, journals, and other vouchers etc. and ensure that these are posted into general and other account ledgers.
- Monitor the processing of cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursements by project staff.
- Participate in financial operations including revenue and expenditure trends analysis and financial commitments.
- Analyse financial information with recommendations to project leader and develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Create solutions to operational and financial issues/challenges, monitor funds status and the amounts transferred by donor to centre account.
- Maintain advances and asset registers and keep store accounts books to provide control to project store.
- Work with other team members and contributing to the preparation of funding proposals and annual financial reports for submission to the donor.
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s in Accounting, Financial Management, or related field with five (5) years’ experience performing same role in a structured organization. Possession of ACA or ACCA is an added advantage.
- Be able to demonstrate proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in accounting and use applicable information technology to meet work needs.
- Have ability to use effective approaches in developing appropriate solutions and conclusion.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to create financial report and presentation.
- Have ability to monitor progress of project and investigate variance of project costs.
Remuneration We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). Click here to apply Click here for more information (PDF)Application Deadline 7th July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts