Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Project Coordinator at FHI 360
Project Coordinator at FHI 360
Feb 27, 2020, 1:25 PM
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Project Coordinator Requisition: 2020200033 Location: Dikwa, Borno Job type: Full time Supervisor: Associate Director, Special Projects
- The humanitarian situation remains critical in Northeast Nigeria, with an estimated 7 million people in need of humanitarian assistance, and more than 1,926,748 internally displaced persons (IDPs) from 364,635 households. Borno State alone hosts more than 1,441,635 IDPs - approximately 75% of the total number of IDPs in the northeast – 655,728 returnees. Numbers of IDPs, new arrivals and returnees are increasing.
- FHI 360 has been conducting humanitarian response activities in the health, nutrition, WASH and protection sectors with a substantial on-the-ground presence in Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala, Banki. and Damasak. FHI 360 has worked with various donors in Borno state including SNEPCo, the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), UNFPA, UNHCR, USAID and Global Fund.
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the refugee response project activities in Dikwa. S / he will manage field site staff.
- Coordinating with community leaders and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Director Special Projects, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Country Director with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Conduct himself / herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FHI 360 and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the area of operation.
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary / community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Ensure the current IHANN project for IDPs implemented by FHI 360 is leveraged on for seamless collaboration and fluid referrals and access to services.
- Map all health facilities and other resources for identification of and access to such services for IDPs
- Support health facilities with improved skills for service delivery to IDPs and host communities
- Provide technical assistance to teams in Dikwa on effective service delivery.
- Institute system for continuous quality improvement of delivery of quality health care services in supported facilities
- Contribute to all field work, including working collaboratively with other FHI 360 staff in Borno state in the implementation of all planned interventions including identification of existing and establishing referral networks, monitoring and supporting IDPs throughout the intervention period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required, preferably in a camp setting.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify IDPs according to criteria required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- MBBS / MD or similar degree with 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS / MA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS / BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa and Kanuri is required.
- Ideally s / he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- S / he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S / he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts