Project Manager at Family Homes Funds Limited
Family Homes Funds - We invest in structures to create the conditions for hard-working Nigerian families to secure their own homes.
We do this because affordable homes not only provide a fundamental human right, providing families with the right environment to thrive and a greater overall sense of living but it is also a major driver of national growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Help to Own Manager has been designated to serve as the Project Coordinator to provide strategic and operational support to the Company towards the operationalization of the Help to Own programme.
- The job holder is expected to have a clear understanding of the Nigerian Housing Market and be responsible for interfacing with partners to the programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development of yearly work programs, procurement plans, and budget for the project
- Coordinate the activities of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), service providers, Primary Mortgage Institutions (PMIs) and ensure smooth implementation.
- Is responsible for the effective project delivery, in line with schedule, cost, quality and project scope and in accordance with the AfDB rules and regulations as well as fiduciary and safeguards requirements.
- Provides direction and guidance on business and technical issues, project risks, project scope and change propositions.
- Review and validate all contractual deliverables including reporting on the Project.
- Reports on the project progress to Management and Board of the FHF and act as the focal person and primary interlocutor for all communication with the African Development Bank, Ministry of Finance, PMIs, Central Bank of Nigeria, NMRC and all key stakeholder and manage stakeholder relationships with partners of the programme
- Supervise the procurement of works, goods and services for the Project
- Coordinate with all the PMIs and consultants to be engaged or procured on the various components of the project to track and ascertain progress and deliver expected results
- Continuous engagement and on-boarding of the participating Primary Mortgage Lenders (PMLs) on the programme
- Educating the public on active mortgage participation and creation.
- Provide support to the PML during offtaker profiling and documentation gathering
- Participate in roadshows and marketing drives towards the mortgage creation, onboarding of PMIs and implementation of the program
- Recommend policies, procedures and/or actions on issues that relate to the effective management of the fund.
- Ensure the execution of all terms of all underlying agreements
- Any other activities required for the operationalization of the program
- Any additional duties or responsibility that may be assigned by Chief Housing Investment Officer.
- Liaise with the external auditors to ensure the conduct of annual audits on a timely basis
- Ensure safety and security of PIU resources
- Report directly to the Managing Director , in consultation with the Chief Housing Investment Officer (CHIO) and Chief Finance Officer (CFO) all matters related to the AfDB funded Project.
- Management of the Help to Own Fund budget and work planning as well as the budget and workplan for the AfDB funded project.
- Lead preparation of the monthly and quarterly performance report of the HTO Project.
- Undertake regular compliance checks to ensure that all obligations under the project are met.
- Collaboration with other departments within FHFL to ensure timely disbursement and repayments
- Forecasting, monitoring and reporting the Mortgage Portfolio
- Facilitate all activities towards timely disbursements from the funding partner being the PMIs
- Provide support in ensuring that the housing units under the program meet set criteria.
- Continuous engagement with funding partner towards ensuring performance of the facility
- Ensure the execution of all underlying terms of the funding agreements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Track record of leading transactions involving de-risking / risk transfer or risk allocation structures such as guarantees, insurance, packaging and sale of (mortgage) portfolios, securitization, and capital (bond) market an added advantage
- Proven successful supervisory, administrative, and analytical skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Knowledge in Mortgage Underwriting is very essential
- Professional Certification is also an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in mortgage banking with three (3) years in leadership and management level abilities/duties.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with multiple software applications
- Vast understanding of Mortgage Bank is required.
- Experience in mortgage underwriting, with practical experience of leading negotiation and contracting for commercial or residential housing mortgages; mortgage portfolio management and administration.
- An practical and sound understanding of the Nigerian mortgage market
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Housing Market (Affordable housing and Low-Income Housing experience)
- Very strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with diverse community groups
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Capacity for innovation and strategic thinking
- An understanding of providing and working with statistical data
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present complex data
- Good political awareness.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent public presentation/speaking skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Sound credit and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of the real estate and mortgage banking
- Excellent time management skills
- Enthusiasm and team building spirit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV saved with their name as PDF to: [email protected] using the job title and the code you are applying for as the subject of the mail. Eg. “Help to Own Manager (0001).
Note: Late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline 10th June 2022.