Project / Operations Manager at Alibert Product Nigeria Limited
Alibert Product Nigeria Limited was created in 1974 as a small factory and family-owned business. The first retail showroom was opened in 1986 in Ikoyi; a second retail shop in Apapa in 1990. The first retail shop outside Lagos (Abuja) was opened in 2003. In 2010, Alibert became the first furniture company in Nigeria to export its furniture + opening of new showroom outside of Nigeria (Ghana). Today, we have a network of 5 showrooms and 3 franchise showrooms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project / Operations Manager
Location: Idu, Abuja
- The Project Manager is to oversee different initiatives or projects of the business, monitor their progress, completion, and ensures that they meet the expectations of the clients / customers.
- The Project Manager is to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
- Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of said plans.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Inspect and monitor production equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order for product manufacture.
- Facilitate scheduled equipment maintenance as well as repair/replacement of damaged machinery.
- Effectively monitor the activities of production staff to ensure compliance with set health/safety regulations and procedures.
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Analyzing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Maintain a cost-effective production process by using only required amount of resources to achieve production target.
- Liaise with the quality control department of an organization to make sure products meet set production specifications.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables and managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- ERP project oversight.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Manage operations budget to ensure minimal production cost and optimal product quality
- Review production processes and procedure to ensure they operate at highest possible efficiency
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a related field.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Understanding of ERP implementation.
- Experience overseeing a construction project.
- Budget management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Good knowledge of wood works and furniture.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 25th November, 2021.