Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Quality Assurance Engineer Job Vacancy at Zola Electric
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Vacancy at Zola Electric
Dec 14, 2018, 10:14 PM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer Location: Lagos Job Summary
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills to help ZOLA Electric change the renewable energy landscape.
- You need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid areas and emerging markets with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it.
- You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- To work with other QA testers (including QA services) to estimate, plan, and implement complementary testing activities.
- To ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our bug tracking system.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing Quality Assurance (QA) testing procedures for our software tools, apps and platforms.
- To run exploratory and automated testing procedures for Zola’s range of software applications, from enterprise Web applications, to consumer quality Android/iOS mobile and tablet apps, to custom software that connects solar systems to the data warehouse.
- Participate in iterative improvements to QA process to achieve faster and higher fidelity output
- Participate in team retrospectives to identify root causes of issues
- Create test plans for project features to systemize quality control
- Run exploratory testing procedures on software to uncover bugs and unanticipated usability issues
- Test integrations of interconnected applications to ensure data integrity and expected output
- Implement automated testing of UI workflows
- Document investigation process, steps to replicate and recommended resolution (where applicable) to allow engineers to take speedy action
- Triage issues in an established ticketing workflow, expending resources where most impactful relative to plan
- Participate in project planning meetings to help define ongoing software quality objectives
- Embed a project QA testing process alongside
- Manage and report on key performance indicators for QA process
- Identify and analyze joint software PM/QA tools to improve productivity and quality
- Observe workflows, procedures, systems and controls for effective QA testing pipeline
- Review feature specs and recommend tactics to improve testability
- Follow bug reporting process in use by overall organization
- Achieve benchmarks for timely processing of reported bugs based on level of severity
- Utilize QA testing and ticketing tools
- Experience working with distributed (virtual) teams
- Experience in Android and iOS UI testing
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to conduct testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years successful software QA management experience
- Software QA Automation and black box testing experience
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Experience testing web and mobile products
- Experience with Android mobile testing
- Familiarity with integrated hardware/software product testing
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts