Quality Officer at MacTay Consulting
MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Share a trusting relationship with the workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Maintain a safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with at least 3 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Quality Control personnel.
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills.
- Experience in a furniture production or design company will be a huge plus
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021.