Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Recent Job for Manager, CS Core Performance at MTN Nigeria, 27th February, 2019
Recent Job for Manager, CS Core Performance at MTN Nigeria, 27th February, 2019
Feb 27, 2019, 3:42 PM
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Manager, CS Core Performance Location: Nigeria Job Description
- Monitor Core Network performance KPIs with the aim of identifying poor performance and escalate/follow up with responsible cross functional teams to improve performance and give customers desired experience.
- Coordinate KPI improvement recommendations to ensure timely intervention in the case of perceived degradation across Core TDM, IP & Signaling interfaces
- Conduct capacity utilization analysis ensuring optimal allocation and utilization of deployed resources
- Provide traffic growth trending as a guide/input to capacity forecasting and planning process
- Analysis of SS7-ISUP & SIGTRAN information data for all interfaces and determine threshold breach that may impact optimal performance of the signaling network
- Trigger responsible Planning units, coordinate and ensure timely network optimization including POI, Routing, traffic balancing and KPI improvement across all interconnected nodes
- Ensure End to end Core Network Performance governance and vendor management within the Managed Service Contract
- Perform Capacity monitoring/reporting quality indicators on own Nodes interconnection, POIs with PTOs and GSM operators
- Analyze interconnect KPIs [ASR, ACD, NER] for A-interface, inter-MSC and POIs provide basis for optimization and interventions
- Ensure roaming quality monitoring to help proactively reduce roaming challenges
- IR21 roaming database audit and Roaming interconnection checks over GRX
- Conduct post-implementation/optimization checks in conjunction with planning units to
- Build and maintain knowledge repository of all capacity/network issues, optimization intervention and resolution details
- Define network performance health pattern/benchmark with a view to managing distortion arising from introduction of new nodes or new technology
- CS Core Performance Analysis
- Interconnect Performance Analysis.
- Manage CS Core network performance to ensure optimal service Quality
- Responsible for CS Core Quality of Service monitoring, analysis Operational re-engineering and ensuring Core Network performance indices are maintained above agreed targets in delivering best in class Customer experience. Drive initiatives and interventions to improve Core and overall Network quality
- Perform routine (Pro-active, Reactive)monitoring, analysis and audit key performance & Quality of Service indicators across the network
- Carryout GSM Core Network service and capacity audits and evaluations identifying and escalating congestion and impaired points to respective Planning & Optimization units
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- International and National travel
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering, preferably electrical/electronics
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience which includes:
- 5 years’ work experience in CS core planning, optimization or Performance in a GSM environment
- 3 years’ experience in Performance/quality assurance/planning of Core CS
- 2 years managerial/Supervisorial Experience
- Ability to perform protocol analysis for CAP messages including CAP3
- Excellent knowledge of TDM, IP/MPLS/Ethernet interfaces
- Understanding and practicability of relevant GSMA practices dealing with Global Roaming Quality [ PRD IR-21, IR-81, IR-42].
- Detailed knowledge of control and Access layer technologies with ability to evaluate protocol context and terminations for all MGCP and H.248 end points
- Expert technical knowledge of BSS/NSS protocols including SS7 MAP/ISUP, SIGTRAN, SCTP BICC,M3UA, M2UA, , BSSAP, SCCP
- Conversant with supplementary service delivery platforms (SDP, STP, HLR, SMSC, IVR etc. and their performance criteria. Knowledge of interworking of the various network nodes and services platform
- Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
- Vendor and experts management.
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts