Recent Job Vacancies at the Catholic Relief Services (CRS), 26th July, 2019
Jul 26, 2019, 10:51 AM
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT4D Coordinator
Job Ref Code: ICT72519
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative - Programs
- The ICT4D Coordinator will lead the implementation and integration of ICT4D technologies in project implementation across the country program, while working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure ease of access to devices and maintaining compliance
- The Coordinator will serve the Country Program (CP) management team as technical lead in the development of action plans, including strategic investments and implementation of key activities, to align the CP with the agency’s ICT4D strategy
- The Coordinator may also be called upon to serve a similar function in other CPs in the agency, as needed
- This position will work with the Business Development Unit and Country Program MEAL Coordinator in the incorporation of ICT4D component in the MEAL plan for project proposals.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Serve as the focal lead for ICT4D functions within the country program. Coordinate and ensure collaboration amongst the different ICT4D teams across projects and SPAs.
- Provide technical advice in the incorporation of ICT4D frameworks in the design and implementation of ICT4D technologies for upcoming and ongoing projects within the country program.
- Provide leadership in the establishment and sustenance of a Community of Practice (CoP) call at regular periods.
- Collaborate with the CP MEAL Coordinators and all project MEAL Managers/Directors in the incorporation and implementation of ICT4D for data gathering and tool assessments.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality to ensure that ICT4D devices meet required needs.
- Ensure timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests for ICT4D devices.
- Partner with program staff to prioritize and support integration and evolution of ICT4D solutions in improving program implementation.
- In collaboration with procurement, conduct supplier analysis, and assess effectiveness to ensure third-party services meet CRS business requirements and needs. Collaborate with Procurement to ensure ICT4D purchases are in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements. Provide strategic guidance and input to budget development with regard to ICT4D related expenses.
- Maintain functionality of hardware and software requirements of ICT4D equipment, to ensure an adequate supply of functioning devices as per the needs of affected employees. Contribute to the budget preparation for expenses related to relevant devices and software.
- Assess and analyze ICT4D training needs. Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support, etc.), remotely or on-site, to staff and partners in ICT4D-related areas to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT4D applications.
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Management team, ensure all devices for ICT4D implementation are tagged and well documented for within the CP.
- Ensure all ICT4D devices are well accounted for at inception, during implementation and at closeout of all projects.
Partnership Capacity Strengthening:
- Work with project partners in the successful use of ICT4D for project implementation.
- Lead capacity development initiatives for partners and CP staff on the use of ICT4D devices at a regular interval.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Understanding of software development concept and methodologies.
- Project Management certification highly desirable.
- Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
- Experience in training and mentoring staff in ICT4D.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Information Technology, MIT or in any other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years work-related experience in setting up and managing ICT-based knowledge and information management systems.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and management tools, Especially ICT4D technology and tools.
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications, and technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Office applications.
- Expert-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions.
- Solid knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at functional level.
- Promotes Stewardship of Resources: Leads the country program efforts to effectively and efficiently use ICT4D resources.
- Ensures Principled Compliance: Upholds program-wide application of CRS ICT4D policies and procedures and their alignment with external regulations and laws.
- Leads ICT Improvements: Orchestrates management improvement efforts and builds capacity of staff and partners to actively support sustainable quality and innovation.
- Collaborates effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders: Uses CRS values to facilitate involvement of strategic participants for collective decision-making.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Leadership Team, Senior Management Team, MEAL Coordinator, Project M & E Managers or Directors, ICT Manager, Program Managers, Procurement Manager, Head of Supply Chain, Inventory & Store Management Assistant, Supply Chain Logistics Management Information Systems Manager & Project ICT4D Teams.
- External: ICT4D devices vendors, Network providers and Implementing Partners.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Program Manager II & Head of Office
Job Ref Code: PMM72519
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Emergency & Early Recovery/Programs
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative - Emergency
- Now in its eighth year, the Lake Chad Basin crisis has been estimated to affect 10.7 million people in one of the world’s poorest, most drought-prone regions.
- As of February 2017, 7 million people in Northeast (NE) Nigeria are in severe need of humanitarian assistance, of which 4.7 million people are estimated to be food insecure.
- Despite a scale up in humanitarian assistance, significant gaps remain, as thousands of people affected by the conflict have not been reached with adequate humanitarian support.
- CRS has worked in NE Nigeria for over three years, providing humanitarian assistance to communities in Borno and Adamawa States.
- CRS’ work has now expanded to early recovery and development assistance in the NE states of Adamawa, Borno and Adamawa where CRS has offices.
- Through the Head of Office, Adamawa State, CRS will continue to offer high quality humanitarian and development assistance to communities in Adamawa State. Based in Yola, the Head of Office (HOO) Adamawa will oversee CRS’ operations support in Adamawa State.
- S/he will maintain coordination and communication with key operations personnel based in NE Nigeria for the agency’s humanitarian and development assistance ensuring integration with the country program operations and program quality standards.
- The HOO supervises the heads of 3 projects based in Adamawa: Water for Agriculture, a GIZ funded poultry project, and IITA. In this capacity, the HOO plays a coordination role rather than one of daily, routine supervision.
- The HOO supervises the Adamawa office in maintaining quality implementation, overseeing the overall administration, logistics, coordination and finances.
- The HOO focus is to assist the office team stay abreast of the multiple activities, grant technical financial and policy oversight, provide guidance and support to the partner organizations, support the capacity building of CRS staff with active hands-on collaboration, and maintain open channels of communication and coordination with programming and operations staff with the NE main office in Maiduguri.
- The HOO will also manage the quality and timeliness for all financial and administrative reporting.
- He/she will promote coordination between other offices in the NE and ensure integration and collaboration across CRS’ development and humanitarian assistance.
- S/he defers to DCR/NE authority on major issues of policy and procedure and is the chief security officer for CRS in Adamawa State.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Operational Quality and Management:
- Oversee specific and clearly defined operational directions and day to day activities as indicated in the donor agreements, successful implementation of operational strategies, M&E, financial, programmatic, and staff management.
- Supervises the heads of 3 new CRS Programs based in Adamawa: The CoP for Water for Agriculture, a GIZ funded poultry project and IITA (there is one program manager in charge of the IITA and Poultry projects).
- Serves as operational point person for the program and provides strategic and technical leadership to CRS staff in Adamawa and partners for all of its operational components.
- Oversees management and maintenance of up to date operational documentation related to all project approvals, monitoring and implementation in both hard and soft copies.
- Promotes strong operational linkages and exchange with other CRS offices engaged in similar programming to ensure the sharing of best practices and expertise, and particularly across the northeast operations and the country program.
Partnership and Capacity Building:
- Establishes and maintains excellent collaborative working relationships with local partners
- Manages relationships, negotiations and intensive communication efforts with partners in all phases of grant/project implementation
- Facilitates coordination with partners, including knowledge management, learning and capacity building for partner staff
- Promotes the involvement of partners at all stages of the project cycle
- Ensures timely and quality preparation of donor project narrative reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports, as well as other reports needed/required by the local government, donors, the region or headquarters as per reporting schedules.
- Supervises the Security Officer for Adamawa State and oversees overall security management in Adamawa State; ensures cohesion, application of security instructions and guidance as well as regular updates of Adamawa State specific security procedures and manuals.
- Attends and/or ensures CRS’ attendance at cluster security meetings in Adamawa State and ensures sharing of security information as appropriate with staff.
- Establishes a network system among the Deputy Country Representative/NE, and security staff, including the Country Program’s Security Manager, that monitors security reports for immediate action, as appropriate for enhanced Adamawa specific security management.
Budgeting, Financial Planning and Compliance:
- Ensures proper financial management systems are in place and followed in coordination with the Awards Management Officer (AMO) and finance team/department.
- Ensures grant/project management compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensures the review and timely submission of financial reports by partners working in close coordination with the AMO, finance team and other resource management staff in North East Nigeria.
Representation, Coordination, and Communication:
- Leads regular team meetings, staff meetings, partner meetings and program (technical) meetings with other implementing NGOs/Government agencies and institutions in Yobe.
- Ensures systems are in place for the proper documentation of meetings and timely circulation of resulting information/outcomes.
- Ensures CRS active participation and/or leadership as relevant in local sectoral or multi-sectoral coordination forums and the regular sharing of information and data with other agencies to inform collective analysis and planning.
- Supervises and mentors operational staff working on specific-based project support activities
- Ensures timely and quality adherence to CRS Performance Management System for all staff under his/her supervision.
- Prepares employee job descriptions, performance plans and performance appraisals for projects officers/assistants that are engaged for specific clearly defined projects in coordination with other program and operations managers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's Degree in Development, Project Management, Business, Organizational Development, Non-formal Education, Psychology or Public Administration; Significant work experience in a directly related field will be considered in lieu of graduate degree.
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience in project management, within international organizations or the private sector, including: management of human resources, project activities and/or budgets;
- Experience working in security compromised areas
- Experience managing an office in a field-based setting
- Experience with high level representation with various partners
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization and mediation among local actors
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English. Working knowledge of either Hausa or Kanuri highly desirable.
- Strong cross-cultural skills and experience working with people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with donors, government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to develop proposals and write reports meeting donor requirements
- Must be able to work independently and represent CRS
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel)
- Willingness to travel within northeast Nigeria
- Must be familiar with and committed to gender equity in programming and management practices
- Demonstrated strong ability with multiple project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local partners.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in local language.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Experience in working with grants funded by USG, UN Agencies preferred.
- Knowledge of Sphere emergency guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging, complex, and potentially unstable environment.
- Commitment to gender sensitive programing and management
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri or any other local languages is a distinct advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant - Borno, PAB181018) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 7th August, 2019.
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
OND / HND / BSC Holders Experienced Personnel Adamawa State Catholic Relief Services Project Management Psychology Yola Program Manager