Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Recruitment For Resourcing Officer at Action Against Hunger, 7th March, 2019
Recruitment For Resourcing Officer at Action Against Hunger, 7th March, 2019
Mar 8, 2019, 12:28 AM
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Resourcing Officer Location: Monguno, Borno Start date: April 2019 Direct Line Manager: HR Manager Tasks & Responsibilities Objective 1 - Oversee the base recruitment process:
- Participate in reviewing written technical test and interview grids for all existing positions;
- Update Base recruitment tracking database and submit to HR Manager on a weekly basis;
- Send offer letters and ensure signing of employment contracts and all other employee related letters for all national employees including filing and maintenance of recruitment documents.
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed accordingly at base level;
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment ensuring proper approval by HR and Finance;
- Manage the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancies and the screening of received applications at base level;
- Liaise with managers for technical shortlist and to define the interview panel;
- Ensure interviews and tests are done in a timely manner and proper documentation submitted and filed;
- Participate in interviews as necessary;
- Provide administrative support to Action Against Hunger HR team;
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of Base HR Documents;
- Oversee the collation, maintenance and provide recruitment reports as agreed with the hiring manager and send to the HR Abuja team;
- Ensuring the effectiveness of AAH recruitment policy and participate in other HR related projects;
- Maintain and update Base Recruitment Tracker and Employment offer and Contract Tracker;
- Ensure consistency in the application of the Human Resources policies across Base programmes.
- Research and recommend new sources for attracting and screening active candidate;
- Work in accordance with agreed timescales to reduce time to hire figures and retain the best candidates;
- Communicate with hiring managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidates’ leads.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation;
- Ensure the maintenance of Action Against Hunger recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback;
- Ensure job description is in line with mission staffing requirements;
- Resourcing Assistant: line management, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination.
- Logistics and Finance Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information.
- Abuja and field-based HR team: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information.
- HR Manager: Line manager, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration and coordination
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information;
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs;
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset;
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
- Degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management and minimum of 2 years of experience in similar position;
- Experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts