Research and Technical Specialist at Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria - Our client, the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Technical Specialist
- Research: Analysis of taxation, economic and finance related activities globally or locally, writing of articles for publication.
- Technical: Annual general meeting technical support, Annual tax conferences technical support, Annual academic conferences on taxation technical support, supporting in drafting Position papers, analyzing Bills and giving
Duties / Responsibilities
Specific areas of responsibilities that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
Research and Development:
- Technical support, Annual general meetings
- Supports senior research team in special research projects
- Participates in Training and workshop on National Budget and taxpayers’ enlightenment and education and other related programme
- Articles and write ups on emerging and trending issues on taxation, economic and finance globally and locally
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department e.g. review of documents, raising of memo, printing of documents, follow–up with major stakeholders like sending of emails, phone calls and writing of official letters.
- Direct and indirect involvement in any emergency situation or activities of the Institute
- Provides Technical support for Annual tax conferences and Annual academic conferences on taxation
- Serves as assistant secretary to committees and faculties such as Extractive industry taxation faculty and International taxation faculties
- Any other assignment as given by the Head of Department and / or the Registrar / Chief Executive.
Qualification / Education
- Minimum of First Degree in Accounting, Taxation, Economics or other relevant discipline
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Research and development certificates / certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 - 7 years cognate experience in a similar position and industry
- Previous experience and good industry knowledge in professional institute, education or financial sector
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience on research development and analytical skills
- Research analyst
- Ability to take minutes and prepare for annual general meetings.
- Ability to incorporate and analyze various reports such as financial report, auditor’s report, honorary treasurer’s report and administrative report
- Ability to action the outcome/decision of the meetings
- Ability to prepare report to council
- Research ability, ability to do qualitative and quantitative research
- Ability to write within the shortest and possible time
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to write comprehensive and detailed report and programme communique
- Ability to write official letters such as invitation letter, facilitators letter, sponsorship letter and appreciation letter
- Ability to follow up on major stakeholders
- Ability to collate conference papers, articles and put together conference proceedings
- Ability to prepare and organize conferences
- Ability to prepare agenda of meetings as well as minutes of the meetings
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for practical assessment and interview accordingly
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.