Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment for Volunteer (Enumerator)
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment for Volunteer (Enumerator)
Nov 28, 2019, 10:21 PM
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Volunteer (Enumerator) Job ID: 190004HX Location: Maiduguri, Borno Employee Status: Contingent Child Safeguarding
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The ongoing conflict in the North East continues to increase population displacements, restrict income-generating opportunities, limit trade flows and escalating food prices
- As a result of the reduced food availability and access, local and IDP populations in worst-affected areas of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states continue to experience food gaps, in line with crisis (IPC Phase 4) acute food insecurity, with an estimated 4,6M people in Phase 3-5 (Cadre Harmonizé (CH) Analysis).
- The Enumerator will support the MEAL team to carry out fieldwork and other research/assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The Enumerator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role.
- The Enumerator, working under the supervision of a MEAL Officer will be responsible for administering questionnaires to beneficiaries in rural communities in Northern Nigeria, as well as providing important feedback on programs field research activities.
- Assist in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites which may include anthropometric measurements, focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on questionnaires developed and supplied by the MEAL team.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires using mobile data collection tool (Kobo Collect)
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Enumerators will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of the MEAL and program Officers who will report to the MEAL Coordinator/Manager.
- National Diploma or its equivalent.
- Previous experience in conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH, FSL and Education assessments.
- Experience in mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent is meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts