Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Save the Children recruitment for Monitoring & Evaluation Officers (Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Cross River)
Save the Children recruitment for Monitoring & Evaluation Officers (Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Cross River)
Sep 18, 2019, 2:33 AM
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job ID: 19000370 Locations: Lagos, Uyo-Akwa Ibom and Cross-River Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (state) The Role
- To ensure implementation of the M&E plan for STEER including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to partners M&E officers and government counterparts to ensure highest possible quality data collection, data management and reporting.
- Assist the M&E Coordinator in all aspects of programme monitoring by periodic data collection, data verification and data analysing from partners
- Assist and participate in preparation and the process of programme’s outcome level situation and impact studies (baseline and end-line)
- Facilitate to strengthen Data Quality Assurance System for partners by Data Quality Assessment tools
- Develop and maintain database system to ensure programme tracking and to get critical information of programme achievement by organizing, analysing, and presentation.
- Support the team lead to monitor activities at the intervention states and communicate findings and progress to response team
- Participate in evaluation of the response, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of the response monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
- Identify the needs and Provide technical supports on data management system, and M&E for partners’ organisation.
- Participate in the implementation and updating of M&E policy and guidelines for MEC in-line with SCI and Donor Organisations
- Assist and participate in M&E trainings to staff and partners on M&E Systems and data analysis in liaison with Implementing Partners
- Ensure data management related training and capacity needs are identified systematically and communicated to M&E Coordinator
- Conduct monitoring visits to partners’ project sites and review partners’ M&E system
- Collaborate with partners’ M&E person to ensure effective supervision, monitoring and evaluation system in place
- Assist M&E Coordinator for reviewing periodic reports and give feedbacks to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure data from partners and provide partners information as per MEC and donor requirements
- Support on development of profiles and project achievements of partners and share between partners for inter learning
- Ensure that findings, lessons learned, and analysis of impacts from across the projects and components which promotes learning and strategy development
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 2-3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities, health, and safety).
- Commitment to support cross-organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to support CSOs across board by building their capacity.
- Planning skills, including ability to think creatively and set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- A Degree qualification or equivalent in Public Health, Social Science, Statistics, Economics or related discipline
- Experience working with in Systems Strengthening programs to support vulnerable children.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Contract length: 3 Month
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts