Security and Logistics Assistant at Nuru Nigeria
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community-led, community-driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security and Logistics Assistant
Job Code: NNJ.2021.02
Location: Michika, with travels to Hong, Gombi, and Yola, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Entry-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast.
- Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community-led, community-driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
- Nuru Nigeria requires a Security and Logistics Assistant to provide logistical and security support to the project activities in the North East of Nigeria.
- This job description outlines only the general scope of activities and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks and responsibilities and is subject to change at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Security and Logistics Assistant will report to the Deputy Programs Director.
- Manage local office transportation and ensure vehicles qualities and maintenance are up to standards.
- Ensure that drivers fill in the log sheets accurately on daily basis.
- Secure and coordinate supply routes, vehicles and the transportation of all program goods and supplies including agricultural inputs to the farmers.
- Ensure all vehicles are serviceable, with full breakdown and emergency equipment.
Security and Safety Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing comprehensive risk assessments leading to the creation of effective security plans, educate colleagues on the security plans and ensure compliance; Map security incidents and understand patterns and threats; facilitate the development of country and situation specific, coordinate evacuation plans.
- Develop and maintain contacts with National law enforcement agencies, where appropriate; be fully current on regional and country political issues and developments that impact NGOs operations and safety.
- At the Field Office, manage the local guard force, ensuring they provide effective access control and asset protection.
- Ensure the passage of security information and alerts to the management and staff
- Conduct rotating field visits to each Nuru Nigeria field locations, if security conditions allow, to assess, update and improve all security procedures and systems.
- Ensure that field communication needs are met, and that staff are trained on the use of radios and other communication equipment, as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to safety measurements by all field team.
- Support in providing guidance and training on safety issues relates to driving and road safety, and safe work environment.
- Track Nuru teams as they travel between locations and activities.
- Ensure that all travelling team/employee receives security clearance before their trip.
- Support and assist in providing staff training on safety and security in a proactive and positive manner that promotes inclusion, participation, and leadership among the Nuru Nigeria teams.
- Assist in Nuru Nigeria Emergency Response strategic planning and in the event of any emergency alert, advice and direct accordingly.
- Gather security information from a variety of sources.
- Maintain regular dialogue with the local security network of Hunters and POCs within the area.
- Ensure the maintenance and efficiency of all necessary and specific internal and external communication systems: telecom, VSAT, VHF and HF radio, if available.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Completion of Degree with additional training on logistics and safety and security.
- Substantial field experience in both logistics and security will be additional requirement.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in similar (NGO field preferred)
- Knowledge of the political situation in Nigeria
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Most have a valid driving license and skills in safe driving.
- Must have basic first aid training.
- Must have knowledge of local/cultural issues.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, and Higgi.
- Background in Military or Paramilitary will be an advantage.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based on funding and performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Nondiscriminatory employment clause:
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant's information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 16th August, 2021.