Senior Finance Manager at Anchoria Investment and Securities Limited
Anchoria Investment and Securities Limited, incorporated in 1994, is a provider of investment and financial services fit for purpose to satisfy the needs of individual and institutional clients and grow their wealth, operating in both primary and secondary markets. Our investment products focus on asset allocation and diversification, which has helped Anchoria build on its reputation of providing innovative and personalised services and products.
We offer countless trading possibilities, superior services, possess a solid capital base alongside vital technical and human resources, and better control of risk-to-ratio rewards for our clients. Anchoria Investment and Securities Limited is a member of The Nigerian Stock Exchange licensed to deal in shares and stocks on all exchange trading floors as well as the NASD.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting, management accounting, and finance activities of AISL that support the achievement of the Company’s objectives.
- Report to: Managing Director
- Supervises: Finance Team
- Financial/Management reporting
- Budget and budgetary control
- Business Performance Management
- Tax management
- Data analytics
- To ensure timely preparation of financial information which provides a complete and accurate picture of AISL’s financial position
- To co-ordinate the analysis and synthesis of AISL’s financial and non-financial information, which provides a basis for sound business decisions by executive management
- To protect AISL’s interest by ensuring that relevant statutory or regulatory reports/returns regarding AISL’s financial affairs are generated on a timely basis.
- Monthly management account on or before the 3rd day of the new month
- Weekly management report to be sent before 8:00am on Mondays
- Submission of audited financial statement by 28 February, annually
- Weekly variance analysis of business performance
- Weekly reporting on operational metrics and data analytics
- Remittance of PAYE and pension on or before 7th of the new month
- WHT and VAT remittance on or before 20th of the new month
- Filing of CIT returns and CAC returns on or before 28 June
- Implementation of AISL’s goals, objectives, policies and operating procedure.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of AISL’s corporate strategy
- Identify, communicate and monitor critical interdependencies across the business sectors and forge effective organizational linkage to ensure a concerted/seamless implementation of the Group’s overall business strategy
- Daily evaluation of business performance via data analytics
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting records by performing daily reconciliations
- Ensure timely reporting of Financial/management accounts of all the entities latest by the 3rd of every month.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Monitoring and enforcing internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Execution of month-end procedures and process
- Implementation of the accounting software
Budget and Budgetary control:
- Engages all stakeholders in the preparation of the business’ budgeting and budgetary control document to achieve the agreed corporate objectives
- Tracks and reports on the implement robust cost optimisation strategies to monitor and control cost for the asset management business
- Periodically review key the Business activity and performance reports and makes recommendations to the Board.
- Monitors the implementation of budgetary mechanisms to proactively identify and manage budget/ performance variances by the business sectors
- Ensure key business performance analyses and reports are generated and circulated to the product managers and business development team
- Monitoring of performance for the business and staff
- Suggest strategic guidance where necessary
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Supervise the asset management finance team to ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance
- Research on future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks.
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities
- Create, coordinate and evaluate financial programs and supporting information system for the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets
- Initiate and facilitate finance meetings to define and agree on targets and work plans, consistent with the business’ strategy and plans
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the MD or the Board
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, training, professional development, and performance evaluation of staff in line with the Company’s Human Capital policies
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
KPI: 90 Day Deliverables:
- Developing robust template for monitoring operational metrics for various products. This is to be presented at weekly meetings
- Automation of data gathering process for budget preparation and monitoring.
- Implementation of automated budget and cost control system for the company.
- Deploy effective structure for preparation of daily reconciliations for bank statements and customer balances.
- 80% accuracy in cash-flow estimates
- 80% accuracy of average budget variances – Actual vs. Plan
- 80% accuracy of variances in expense accounts- Actual vs. Plan
- 100% performance in external audit examinations
- Zero non-compliant cases raised by the regulatory bodies
- Quality of financial advice provided to the company
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
- Internal customer satisfaction levels
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Finance Professional with A solid understanding of the nigerian capital markets & stockbroking firms.
- Knowledge of GAAP/ IFRS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good Management abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant accounting tools.
N500,000.00 Net plus other benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email