Senior Marketing Manager, Exams, WA Cluster at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Exams, WA Cluster
Contract type: Locally engaged
Contract Duration: Indefinite
Pay band: 7
- Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences.
- We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way.
- We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact.
- This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role.
- The post holder will lead the development and execution of the cluster/country marketing strategy and plans, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with SBUs to ensure that country marketing activities enable required business targets.
- This role will be accountable for the planning, management, execution and evaluation of plans for the cluster, overseen by the Regional Head of Marketing, Exams.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
Essential: The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree or professional qualification in Marketing or Business
- Demonstrable experience of developing marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships
- Significant experience in a marketing position at a national level within a large and complex organisation
- Relevant professional accreditations e.g. CIM, Melcrum, GCN, CIPR, WOMMA etc.
- Experience in a global organisation
- Evidence of successful line management of a small team remotely
- Experience in Exams market.
Role Specific Skills:
- CIM Marketing Competencies.
Insights (Level 3):
- Ensures their country requirements for research are considered at regional level to contribute to greater efficiency and consistency in the commissioning of market research.
- Analyses and presents information from research and customer feedback as insights
Integrated marketing communications (Level 4):
- Creates integrated marketing communications plans using both physical and digital tools
- Implements integrated marketing communications plans using both physical and digital tools.
Partnership marketing (Level 4):
- Reviews, establishes and develops channel/partnership marketing strategies to meet customer needs and achieve business goals
- Manages and monitors the implementation of channel and/or partnership marketing plans to meet the needs of customers, channel partners and the organisation.
Monitoring and measuring effectiveness (Level 4):
- Collects, synthesises, analyses and reports measurement data
- Participates in reviews of marketing activities using measurement data and analytics to identify improvements
- Uses social analytics and listening tools to identify improvements to organisational processes that will enhance social reputation
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th October, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).