Senior Petrophysicist at Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Petrophysicist
Job Type: Permanent
- Prepare, supervise and quality control cost-effective logging programs.
- Provide high quality petro physical support to the appraisal, development, and reservoir management of the company as assigned by the Chief Petro physicist from time to time.
- Participate in detailed and integrated sub-surface studies. Conducts routine, well defined studies to identify the presence of hydrocarbons, evaluate reservoir characteristics and associated risks and uncertainties.
- Carry out detailed petro physical analysis in support of static and dynamic subsurface model, including production of CPI of log data; qualitative and quantitative evaluation of hydrocarbon zones, to determine petro physical parameters (porosity, water saturation and salinity, pay thickness, permeability prediction, etc.); saturation height function models based on available data; formation pressure analysis; including core analysis.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences with minimum of 7 - 11 years’ experience, depending on academic qualification. (Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage).
- Logging Program, Procedures and Operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams, within matrix organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills is required.
- Experience at coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Mud Logging and Hydrocarbon Identification.
- Open Hole Log Interpretation.
- Cased Hole Logging Interpretation.
- Experience working with Operator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply