Senior Program Officer at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI)
Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Contract, Full Time
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Commencement Date: Immediately
- The Senior Program Officer, will be responsible for providing technical assistance and managerial support for the development, implementation and monitoring of activities, for the organization.
- S/He will have overall responsibility for formulation of projects, ensuring achievement of project objectives and completion of activities while adhering to scope, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Responsibilities include project initiation and start-up, managing the development and monitoring of implementation plans and budgets, program reporting and documentation, donor and partner relations, compliance, programmatic monitoring, and close-out.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide program management, technical and administrative support to project teams.
- Support the development of work plans and track performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Troubleshoot, prioritize, and address programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistics needs and other project requirements.
- Support and coordinate program activities in project states.
- Prepare and submit progress reports, presentations, project briefs and other project materials.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements and GHI policies and procedures.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of project accomplishments, results, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Ensure that the project’s Gender Equality Strategy is understood and incorporated into activities as appropriate.
- Develop, in collaboration with the senior management team, an annual program plan that supports GHI’s long-term operations strategy.
- Ensure open communication, timely issue resolution, and effective project development.
- Support the development of project budgets and budget modifications, and monitor project expenditures to ensure activities are implemented within budgetary guidelines.
- Support implementation teams to achieve timely, high-quality project deliverables and ensure they meet project objectives and donor requirements
- Monitor implementation progress and address issues in a timely manner, keeping senior staff apprised of activity progress and challenges.
- Coordinate the provision of technical and management support to country programs.
Requirements / Qualifications / Skills
- Must possess a Master's Degree
- At least 5 years of project and program management in either of WASH, climate change, urban development, environment, energy, or related sectors.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner/donor organizations
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Purpose driven and outcome focused – moving roadblocks, tackling difficult problems and is action oriented.
- Operate as a nimble learner – knowing personal strengths, weaknesses and limits, has a growth mindset. Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Having a PMI-PMP is highly desirable
- Experienced and demonstrated success in coordinating activities with multiple stakeholders to optimize use of limited resources, including development of joint work plans.
- Prior experience in project management cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working effectively in teams and cross-cultural settings
- Must possess excellent management, documentation, presentation, and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Submit a 2-page CV and a one page cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Applications closes once the right candidate is found
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2022.