Senior Program Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Position Reports to: State Team Lead
- With the leadership and supervision of the State team lead, the Senior Program Officer will directly coordinate planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the RISE project being implemented in Akwa Ibom state.
- As a member of the state senior management team, contribute to leadership, strategy development, coordination, accountability and compliance with donor and organizational policies and guidelines.
- This includes development of work plans, liaising and maintaining strong collaboration and engagement with Ministry staff and relevant agencies, extensive donors and USG partners regarding implementation and program management.
- Coordinate all aspects of program planning, budget and work plan development and provide ongoing monitoring of activity progress against the workplan.
- Ensure that subgrantees implementation is in line with contractual terms of reference, scope, budget and quality parameters and that payments are made based on achieved and reported milestones.
- Assist the technical teams in the design, implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities cross project locations.
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key program stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher project visibility.
- Support STL in ensuring senior management & weekly state team meetings are conducted and documented
- Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of State teams and Sub awards partners
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the program.
- Coordinate Knowledge management, communication, documentation and scientific content development such as Manuscript, abstract, success stories and articles for publication
- Guide and support the State office and sub awards in establishing sound management system to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and organization policies by the state office and sub awards
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Ensure that Jhpiego and RISE delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services) - Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to improve program efficiencies
- Coordinate private sector engagement and inclusion for RISE
- Develop timely, high-quality and result-based reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant project narratives and updates as required.
- Work closely with Jhpiego technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor country level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with finance team to monitor expenditures, ensure overall alignment with work plan budget and advise on any necessary adjustments.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology or related Health, Medical or Social Science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 6+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the position title and location e.g. "Senior Program Officer, Taraba" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as one single word document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021. (Close of Business)