Senior Program Officer at Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer (Capacity Building Specialist)
Requisition Number: SRPRO001237
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Program Services
Reports to: State Program Manager
Objectives of the Project
The objectives of TAConnect G-ANC project are to:
- Improve the uptake and quality of a range of RMNCH services using Group Antenatal Care (G-ANC) in settings where ANC primary care services are delivered (facility and community)
- Support Borno state to adapt, adopt, implement, and sustain a group ANC model as part of their primary health care delivery services and system.
- Support the Borno State Malaria Elimination Program (Borno SMEP) to revise its policies to include active case detection and treatment during pregnancy, improved distribution of IPTp with SP through the G-ANC platform
- Support the Borno SMEP in strengthening malaria surveillance and look at how data from MiP can be applied to understand epi patterns in the broader population
- Assist Borno state to adopt and implement this policy at scale, including using human-centered design.
Purpose of the Job
- The SPO (CBS) will be responsible for supporting the state in the design, management, and implementation of capacity building initiatives for health care providers in the project target LGAs, including reviewing curricula, organizing and coordinating training events, designing mentorship schemes, reviewing/adapting job aids, and leading workshops, and designing technical assistance delivery schemes.
- The Capacity Building specialist will provide technical assistance to the state to develop an overall capacity-building strategy for the deployment.
- The Capacity Building Specialist will support capacity-development interventions including using capacity building assessment tools.
- S/he will coordinate all project activities in the catchment LGAs including but not limited to work scheduling, planning and supervising trainings, supportive supervision and mentoring of health care workers in project supported health facilities.
- S/he will develop and maintain effective project implementation relationships with key personnel at state, LGA, health facility and community level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Technical Advisor and State Program Manager to identify specific training requirements in line with project objectives and state requirements.
- Work with state officials to develop competency-based training programs to meet the identified needs, utilizing existing training modules as available.
- Participate in the mapping and selection of health providers that will participate in trainings
- Collaborate with state RH coordinator to organize training courses and workshops.
- Identify, contract, and manage trainers to implement project training courses
- Ensure G-ANC trainings meet quality standards
- Maintain records of training attendance.
- Monitor the effects of trainings through analyzing pre- and post-test results, course evaluation forms, and other analytic measurements.
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff to ensure effective and timely program implementation
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.
- RN / RM Degree in Clinical Nursing / Midwifery or M.B.B.S Degree (Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferred)
- 4 - 5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and managing clinical trainings (specific experience with EMoNC training is desirable)
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Good Report writing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mature, responsible, and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong interest in community capacity/capability building.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management, and organizational skills.
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
Competencies / Attributes:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply