Senior Specialist, Health Financing and Governance at Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
IHVN is the Prime Recipient of the USAID TB-LON 3 Award, which is a five-year project (2020-2025) that will complement and accelerate the ongoing TB program activities being implemented by the Government and other partners. The specific Goal of this Award is to innovatively engage all stakeholders in finding the missing TB cases and rapidly scale up TB services, whilst strengthening resilient and sustainable systems for TB control.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Health Financing and Governance
Duration: 2 years Contract
Department: Office of the CEO
Reports to: Chief of Party TB-LON 3
- IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified, young and dynamic Professional to fill the position of Senior Specialist, Health Financing and Governance for the USAID Tuberculosis Local Organization Network Region 3 (TB-LON 3) Project.
- S/He will support the effective mobilization of domestic resources for sustainable financing of TB services in IHVN supported States (Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo).
- The Senior Specialist, Health Financing and Governance will provide support in the areas of public and private sector domestic resource mobilization to IHVN TB-LON 3 States.
- S/he will support the design and implementation of approaches to leverage domestic financing for health as well as promote the effective and efficient management of resources to ensure sustained uptake of services. Designing new concepts and strategically engaging with Governments Implementing Entities and the Private Sector towards achieving universal health coverage is an inherent part of this role.
- This role requires a combination of exceptional analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis as well the ability to effectively synthesize and visualize findings, and translate messages for various audiences.
As Senior Specialist Health Financing and Governance, S/he will:
- Review and contribute to the development of annual Project Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) plans;
- Work closely with Implementing/Contractual Entities and USAID DRM Team to ensure the achievement of project DRM objectives, including advocacy for increased National/State/LGA budgetary provision and budget tracking for TB, inclusion of TB in National and State Social Health Insurance Schemes as well as documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Support the implementation of Private Sector DRM activities including reviewing and modify strategies to meet Project Objectives;
- Provide technical assistance to national and State TB Programs in the development and costing of Strategic and Operational Plans;
- Undertake field mentoring and monitoring visits to States and the private Sector;
- Ensure timely completion of all Project DRM deliverables in line with USAID policies and guidelines;
- Support in the production of high-quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, and policy briefs.
- Support the development of an investment case for TB Financing tailored to Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun States to resonate with Ministries of Finance and other target Agencies;
- Collaborate with Implementing/Contractual Entities to support Ministries of health on budget planning & preparation, budget advocacy, and the development of national health financing strategies, including domestic resource mobilization;
- Master's degree in Health Economics, Economics, Public Health with a Health Financing focus or MBA;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in Health Financing;
- Experience working with Ministries of Health and Finance, Donors, Private sector and Implementing Agencies;
- Experience working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos, Oyo, Osun and Ogun States;
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to mobilize domestic resource for health and increase financing for TB at national and/or sub-national government levels
- Established track record of carrying out analytical work and preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefs and presentations;
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory, networking and representational skills;
- Strong communication skills to knowledgeably and effectively interact with key actors;
- Excellent oral and written English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure, with high levels of precision and within strict timelines;
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work;
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Competent with strategic and operational plan development, project implementation and evaluation of results;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 11th December, 2020.