State Coordinator, LHSS Nigeria at Abt Associates
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator, LHSS Nigeria
Job Identification: 102495
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria at the Federal level and in three states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery.
- We will hire one position in each of the three states.
The activity has the following objectives to accomplish in collaboration with Nigerian counterparts:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The State Coordinator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for directly engaging state-level and national-level authorities to support with inception and early implementation through rapid diagnostics and preparation for intervention
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of interventions in respective states in project focus areas including health financing, organizational capacity development and primary health care management
- Establish and manage mechanisms to convene state agencies to enable learning exchange and knowledge co-productions
- Contribute to MEL activities, including learning, collecting data, and reporting on indicators, in collaboration with the MEL team
- Regularly report intervention status to the chief of party and senior technical leads to revise implementation plans as necessary to ensure the best possible completion of interventions
- Within the LHSS project, the State Coordinators will report to the Chief of Party and will be supported by LHSS Abuja and US office-based technical expertise.
- Coordinate and provide technical support on the NPHCDA proposed Fiscal Space Analysis for Primary Health Care to identify sources of funding beyond BHCPF and financial requirements for scale-up
- Collaborate with state-level counterparts and R4D to conduct the proposed Resource Tracking for Primary Health Care to identify how BHCPF is being used at the state level, including what funding is being received, what it is spent on and who benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Preferred Skills / Knowledge
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Management, Medicine, Health Administration, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated expertise in strengthening health systems, including social health protection schemes and domestic resource mobilization.
- Familiar with Government of Nigeria health sector budgeting, planning, health financing, timelines, and stakeholders
- Proven track record of working effectively with government counterparts at various levels in Nigeria is highly preferred.
- A proven, successful record of achieving results. The State Coordinators will be required to sustain the key roles and responsibilities largely independently and requires the initiative to ensure work is progressing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and independently. Strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Proficient English writing/speaking skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, state and national offices and officials, and other development partners
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th December, 2022.
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment