State Coordinators at SHIFT Nigeria
SHIFT is a non-partisan organization that builds support for transformative leaders in communities across the nation. Launched in June 2018, we are Nigerians from all over the nation and around the world. We come from diverse religions, ethnicities, and professional backgrounds, such as technology, media, law, consulting, oil & gas, legal, NGOs, and many more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Locations: Lagos, Edo and Anambra
Employment Type: Full Time
- SHIFT Nigeria is in search of a State Coordinator to help localize our programs and initiatives in Lagos, Edo and Anambra state. This is a paid position.
Responsibilities of State Coordinators
- Design and develop systems and best practices for recruiting volunteers, supporting volunteer leaders, and the teams they’re building in communities
- Support other SHIFT programs and teams on special projects in your state related to the development and implementation of campaigns
- Work with other SHIFT programs on meeting volunteer and fundraising goals
- Manage SHIFT’s programs and develop new opportunities to deliver it in communities
- Work alongside SHIFT HQ to recruit Volunteer Coordinators in all SHIFT Hubs and support development of new Volunteer Coordinators
- Develop and implement strategies, and tactics with core partners to achieve the greatest success in mobilizing and organizing volunteers
- Develop and launch SHIFT hubs in your state.
- Meet established metrics and engagement goals; track progress to goals and monitor success of the engagement program
- Love for Country and your community.
- A minimum of one year of organizing experience; with an emphasis on managing volunteers.
- Ability to travel round your state or to neighboring states when necessary
- Experience developing grassroots and/or community leaders
- Must be a resident of the coordinated states.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing the State
- A passion and commitment to democratic principles and making Nigeria great
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (SHIFT is still very much a startup)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High level of comfort with using technology to support organizing (Google Tools, email platforms, social media platforms, etc)
- Experience with both digital and grassroot organizing is preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "(Name of State) State Coordinator" as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th August, 2021.