State Office Admin and Resource Assistant at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Office Admin and Resource Assistant
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Fixed Term- 31December 2022
Department: Cultural Engagement
- To provide logistical and administrative support to The Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption (RoLAC) programme in the Anambra office that will enable the programmes to achieve their outcomes and targets including close collaboration with the Abuja Office and other State Offices.
- This is in line with the programme strategy, implementation plan and financial plan and to client and corporate standards..
- The post-holder ensure transport arrangements for all incoming staff/consultants to the state offices are in line with British Council policies.
- Ensure hotel accommodation reservations are made on time and that staff and consultants are informed on arrangement of their transport and hotel arrangements.
- Maintain appropriate filing system, accountable stationary register and asset register (in liaison with the Facilities & Procurement Manager) so that all contracts, reports and correspondence are filed properly and all stationary and equipment is recorded correctly.
- Liaise with all outside contractors and service suppliers concerning all services/utilities supplied to the state office.
- Ensure the state office meets all the British Council’s standards around Health, Safety and Security.
- Procurement of workshop items are in line with procurement policy.
- Logistical support is provided to workshops, meetings and events according to stated requirements so that all workshops and events are carried out successfully and to agreed standards.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
Role specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on programme logistics for an international organization.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Basic IT skills including word and excel
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Experience of managing fleet of vehicles.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
N 7,363,086.00 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Alternative locations the role could be based: Anambra Nigeria
Application Deadline 28th September, 2022.