State Technical Advisors at Society for Family Health
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: State Technical Advisor
Locations: Kano, Nasarawa, Enugu, Gombe, and Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will be responsible for effectively coordinating the operations and activities of the different partners working in the States to ensure that the project meets its objective.
- Specifically, the incumbent is expected to facilitate the IntegratE Project 2.0 activities and its six (6) consortium partners in carrying out scheduled activities. Skills in project monitoring is also key to ensure quality is achieved and maintained throughout the implementation of the project.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead the coordination of facility-based implementation of the IntegratE Project 2.0 in the focal State
- Lead community level advocacy, partnership, and mobilisation for effective project implementation.
- Support in capacity building and FP and other Service Area update training during staff orientation
- Work with other consortium partners to provide evidence-based information to inform the design and implementation of the project.
- Facilitate Documentation and other administrative responsibilities at the State level
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, or any of the biological sciences
- A Postgraduate degree in Public Health, public/health administration or social works will be advantageous to this position.
- Must have a minimum of 5 – 8 years post qualification experience in programme management, training and managing health programming especially in the private health sector.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must have PHC and FP Service Delivery experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent understanding of the PHC and FP Service Delivery in the private health sector including pharmaceutical service delivery.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable working in large teams in a collegiate system and presenting to donors, partners and government stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, use of Microsoft suite software
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in training service providers of various cadre in the provision of various FP methods especially LARC
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.