Technology Lead Business Analyst at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technology Lead Business Analyst
Reference No.: 21298313
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Time Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Category: Business Analysis / Client Services
- Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business.
- Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses.
- The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
- The IT Business Senior Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives for complex projects and foster communication between business leaders and IT
- Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts and work as a team to achieve business objectives, performing other duties and functions as assigned
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Consult with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards and recommends solutions
- Support system change processes from requirements through implementation and provide input based on analysis of information
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and provides user and operational support
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's Degree / University Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation work experience, minimum of 10 years’ experience in banking, and 3yrs. as Senior Manager/equivalent, with experience in at least 3 three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and build/develop working relationships
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail
- Experience in data analysis with intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven interpersonal, data analysis, diplomatic, management and prioritization skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi