Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
End Police brutality in Nigeria. #EndSARSJobs > Entrepreneurship > Tony Elumelu Foundation $100 Million Entrepreneurship Programme 2018
Tony Elumelu Foundation $100 Million Entrepreneurship Programme 2018
Jan 30, 2018, 7:08 PM
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the flagship entrepreneurship programme of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, founded by the entrepreneur, respected investor and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu. Applications are hereby invited for: 2018 The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (2,000 Entrepreneurs and Counting) - 4th Cycle Description
Africa’s largest business incubator, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), is now accepting applications from African entrepreneurs, with business ideas that can transform Africa. Successful applicants will join the third cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF’s 10-year, $100 million commitment to train, mentor and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in every African country by 2024. Since inception in 2015, the Programme has assisted nearly 2,000 entrepreneurs and created hundreds of jobs across the continent. The Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including:Application Deadline 1st March, 2018.
- Training:12 weeks of intensive training on setting-up and managing businesses
- Mentoring: A mentor will guide successful applicants in creating a robust business plan
- Seed Capital: $5,000 in non-returnable seed capital and access to a $5,000 convertible loan
- “Our Programme is a deliberate effort to institutionalise luck and provide the essentials for business growth to Africa’s next generation of business leaders. It is a demonstration of my faith in this generation’s ability to transform the African narrative, from the single story of disease and poverty, to one of enterprise and opportunity. Spread the word; we need Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs. Their ideas will transform Africa.”
- 1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including: market opportunity; financial understanding; scalability; and leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
- Business must be based in Africa
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
- Business must be for profit
- Business must be 0-3 years’ old
- “We encourage women, French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers and business ideas from every region across Africa, to apply. Our 2,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives. If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.”
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts