Transport Officers (Adhoc Drivers) - GFTAM at the Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN)
The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian development organization that aims to bring healing and restoration to people affected by leprosy, disabilities, Tuberculosis (TB) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) working in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria, Sate Governments and the FCT.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer (Adhoc Driver) - GFTAM
Locations: Kogi, Niger and Sokoto
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Head, HR and Administration
Department: HR and Administration
- The Transport Officers (Ad hoc drivers) performs tasks such as driving officers in the state to various places of assignment and general maintenance of The Leprosy Mission-Nigeria (LMN) vehicles.
- He/ She will provide safe, secure and efficient transport services to TLMN Staff members and guests/ visitors.
- He/ She is highly required to respect and abide by TLMN’s safety and security policy & guidelines and vehicle policy.
- He/ She will provide driving support, while adhering to standard driving regulations and the Nigerian Highway Code.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily vehicle checks and report maintenance needs promptly;
- Drive carefully and safely at all times in line with national driving standards, and check to ensure that passengers, other road users and the vehicle in/her his care are safe;
- Ensure that all vehicle log books, records of mileage, fuel and maintenance costs made available to supervisor on or before scheduled dates
- Ensure adherence to vehicle policy on vehicle usage;
- Establishes good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the
- Mission, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities;
- Be available outside standard hours in case of emergency and during missions;
- Undertake missions work in provinces other than normal location with overnight allowance if necessary;
- Ensure compliance with local administrative procedures required in the event of an accident;
- Maintain a professional appearance by ensuring good personal hygiene, and clean at all times;
- Ensure that adequate knowledge of the destination and route is ascertained before departure;
- Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state at all times;
- Ensure that approval for repairs is always obtained before taking the vehicle to the garage;
- Be responsible for in-vehicle equipment.
Qualifications / Education
- Minimum of OND
- Valid category B driving license for at least at least 5 years
- Not less than 5 years experience in professional driving
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team or project environment is highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable defensive driving skills in town and on dirt roads)
- Besic routine maintenance and vehicle handling
- Ability to take initiative.
- Good team player.
- Ability to flow Instructions and Procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. E.g.: Transport Officer, Kogi.
Click here for more Information
Equal Employer Opportunity
- TLM is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, gender, color and disability.
- Qualified women and persons with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The job description reflects the present requirements of the post.
- As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all staff
Application Deadline 17th August, 2022.