Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Trauma Healing Training Consultant at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Trauma Healing Training Consultant at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Feb 19, 2020, 9:55 AM
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Consultant - Trauma Healing Training Consultancy Code: THT14220 Location: Abuja
BackgroundHow to Apply Interested and qualified consultants should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF format indicating consultancy being applied for and the Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Consultancy for the Trauma Healing Training - THT14220) attached MS word documents to: email@example.com Note
- CRS is responsible for implementing SO2 While Caritas Nigeria is responsible for SO1. In implementing SO2, CRS adopts a capacity strengthening approach, which focuses on technical assistance and accompaniment for Caritas Nigeria.
- The 3-year project is providing technical capacity building, institutional strengthening and accompaniment to Caritas Nigeria to strengthen their emergency cash transfer programming capacity to more effectively provide life-savings humanitarian assistance during and after the project.
- The Caritas Germany project in the spirit of solidarity and through long-term accompaniment, capacity-building, and institutional strengthening, this project is supporting the overall goal that assist conflict-affected populations in Nigeria and Chad to improve quality of life.
- The project has two strategic objectives: crisis affected household meets the priority needs of their households (SO1) and CBOs / FBOs have improved capacity to implement quality, and timely cash transfer programming meeting the needs of crisis affected population (SO2), which is implemented by CCFN and CRS respectively.
- Because of the trauma associated with conflict and other factors in our areas of intervention, the need for this training. The training is targeting at field assistant of the implementing partners base in communities of Biu, Mubi and Maiduguri.
- The 3-years responsive Cash Base Assistance has been ongoing since 2018 in some conflict affected communities of Borno and Adamawa State and CRS is providing capacity building and institutional strengthening for Caritas Nigeria and JDPC who does the implementation.
- Conduct pre and post evaluation
- Develop and submit training and evaluation reports for each center
- Conduct trauma healing training for staffs and field officers of Caritas Nigeria and JDPC in Maiduguri, Mubi and Biu centers with about 15-20 participant per center for 5 days each.
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal / company profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.
Job Title: Construction Engineer / Supervisor Job Ref Code: CTS14220 Locations: Damaturu-Yobe, Maiduguri-Borno and Yola-Adamawa Band: 8 Department: Programs Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
- The construction may range in size from small repairs to mega/new works to provide water infrastructure for agricultural production.
- The selected candidates are expected to have prior construction oversight, quality assurance, reporting experience, contract administration of similar activity. Additional experience in the use of water for agriculture will be a plus. Multiple candidates will be hired and assigned to Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States.
- The Construction Engineers / Supervisors will be responsible for the management of construction performance during the execution phase.
- Represent the organization, collaborate and liaise with key state, local government officials and community members as will be required by the activity.
- Collaborate with other engineering/construction team members within the state of implementation and other locations as may be directed by the DCoP or CoP.
- Support in the formation/re-formation, training and monitoring of Water UsersТ Association (WUAs) and Water Management Committees (WMCs) in the affected LGAs and communities for the sustainability of water infrastructure.
- Maintain knowledge of all contract terms and legal requirements for construction projects to avoid any delay in projects and provide support to all work groups and participate in various actively to ensure completion for all projects.
- Provide technical and managerial supports as may be required to enhance the successful implementation of the activity.
- Ensure construction firm maintain compliance with the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) so that work is accomplished in an environmentally sound manner using safe work practices.
- Understand the technical drawings, Bill of Quantities (BoQs), technical specifications and ensure the work meets project contractual expectations, deliverables, quality standards, schedule, costs and scope.
- Monitor performance and schedule of the project and recommend corrective measure if necessary.
- Prepare daily reports on progress of work completed and other reports as may be directed by DCoP.
- Verify work completed and prepare payments reports at various stages of the construction.
- Provide support through technical guidance as well as supervision to the field teams/construction firm to promote quality in project deliverables.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline - Geosciences/Civil/Structural/ Environmental engineering or related fields.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in designing and construction of water infrastructure for Agricultural production.
- Experience in any of the following sectors: environment, engineering, urban and climate resilience.
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donor and other donors; and stakeholders - local organizations, implementing partners and communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Hausa will be an added advantage.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications and design software. Use of GIS application will be an added advantage.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams and coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Fluency in English including excellent oral and written skills highly required. Proficiency in Hausa will be an added advantage.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong ability to relate to people at all levels, within and outside of the organization.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box) Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box) Equal Employer Opportunity:Application Deadline COB Friday, 28th February, 2020.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- СТCRSТ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts