Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > UNICEF Vacancy for a Human Resources Specialist (Learning and Development) in Abuja
UNICEF Vacancy for a Human Resources Specialist (Learning and Development) in Abuja
Aug 19, 2019, 4:53 PM
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Human Resources Specialist (Learning and Development), P3 Job Number: 525744 Location: Abuja, Nigeria Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment Job Descriptions How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision of the Chief of HR, the incumbent will be responsible for developing innovative learning and training programmes and strategies that support performance and career development.
- S/he contributes to the development of innovative staff development policies, programmes/activities, training methods, materials and solutions, and effectively coordinates and organize training initiatives and facilitate a broad range of learning experiences.
- Identify training and development needs of internal clients by evaluating strengths and weaknesses and prepares appropriate learning and training plans and/or programmes, including the development of electronic and printed material.
- Translate development requirements into training plans and carries out surveys, assessment and feedback analysis to monitor the impact of the learning activities and to evaluate the overall programme effectiveness.
- Organize group trainings and learning activities, either by delivering them personally or by drafting terms of reference for training providers, participating in tender/bidding and recruitment processes, liaising with training providers and handling administrative details.
- Contribute to the improvement of the career development framework, systems and tools in the office.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing training programmes to ensure that they are relevant to organizational needs and assess the effectiveness of the programmes to ensure the incorporation of taught skills, techniques and behaviours into participants' way of working.
- Manage newly-hired staff members' induction sessions.
- Design and deliver regular reports on attendance and popularity of existing training programmes, monitor and analyze staff feedback, and propose revisions, as necessary and establish and maintain a training database.
- Contribute to the development, update and review of training and learning organizational policies.
- Keep abreast of developments and new trends in the area of training and learning, within and outside the UN common system and import innovative training methodologies and solutions. Work closely with the internal training network to strengthen organizational learning environment.
- Liaise with managers and staff in order to strengthen understanding of the Performance Management system, with the goal to promote a culture of high performance, continuous learning and development across the office.
- An Advanced University Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, International Relations, Psychology or another related field is required. Additional professional training an advantage.
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Experience managing a performance management learning and training programme or system is required.
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
- Only for internationals
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts