Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Chauffeurs / Clerks - FSN-04/FP-AA, 27th April, 2017
U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Chauffeurs / Clerks - FSN-04/FP-AA, 27th April, 2017
Apr 2, 2017, 11:22 AM
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Public Affairs Section (PAS): Job Title: Chauffeur / Clerk - FSN-04/FP-AA Ref: RAO-008 Location: Abuja - Regional Affairs Office (RAO) Open To: All Interested Candidates Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as a Chauffeur, Expeditor and performs administrative tasks in the Regional Affairs Office.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years driving experience, which includes safety and emergency preparedness, administrative functions and local procurement, is required.
- Knowledge of the local area roads, government facilities, resident Embassies and Consulates, restaurants and shops is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) are required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Must have valid Nigerian driver’s license.
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S.
- Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans' preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans' preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR's decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans' preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor's tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission(com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174)or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts