Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancies at Action Against Hunger
Vacancies at Action Against Hunger
Jul 1, 2020, 12:58 AM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant Location: Damaturu, Yobe Job type: Full Time Starting date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Finance Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities Objective 1 - Assist the Finance Officer in managing cash flow and accountancy on the base:
- Ensure that all advances made within the month are justified before the final monthly cash count.
- Visit the fields during various program activities to make payments
- Support the Yobe program’s cash transfer implementation
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the ACF’s procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed
- Check the nature of all documents presented for retirements (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, the accuracy of calculations, etc.)
- Manage the sub- base’s and base cash box
- Ensure that the physical cash box and the Excel/Saga cash book correspond on a daily basis.
- Close the cash book on a monthly basis & send it to Finance Officer
- Respect ACF purchasing procedures as per KLV3 when giving an advance and to report to Finance Officer and/or the Finance Manager if these procedures are not respected
- Ensure that Logistics and PMs respect the supply chain guidelines.
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure
- Ensure all suppliers are paid according to terms designated in signed contracts
- Assist to ensure all payments are made timely
- Reconciling of vendors payment with the red rose platform for payment.
- Filling and archiving all related documents.
- Check that all daily report summary sheets, the daily transaction sheets, and the amounts on the Platform correspond.
- Keep close coordination with the cash program manager and team.
- Ensure transparency throughout the process of unconditional/conditional cash transfer program.
- Ensure validity, reliability, timeliness, and quality of all information while submitting to the banks for final payments.
- Producing reports on a regular basis or as per the request of the line manager
- Sticking of red rose beneficiaries’ receipts and daily reports on white paper.
- Manage the base’s bank book-BD03NGN
- To ensure that the selection, replacement, and removal of vendors are in line with the ACF SOP on Cash base intervention.
- Ensure prompt payment of the Vendors based on the ACF SOP on Cash base intervention
- To ensure that Logistics and PM respect the CBI guidelines.
- Training of Vendors on ACF financial procedures and payment policies.
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in excel file.
- After the monthly accounting closure check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate
- Photocopy and file all the invoices/Documents (base financial books) according to the monthly base books respectively, before sending to Capital office for archiving
- Check that all the invoices are present for each transaction in the accountancy.
- Classify & split the invoices according to their budget lines if necessary, particularly when they have been used in various operations (redistribution of the initial budget lines).
- HND or B.Sc. Accounting, Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field
- Organized with time management and planning skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage and follow work plans
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player)
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
Minimum Basic Salary NGN156,995 per Month.
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager Location: Maiduguri, Borno Job type: Full Time Start date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Grants & Compliance Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities Objective 1 - Coordinate and supervise the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports:
- Ensure high quality and timely grant reporting from technical support staff and programme managers for submission to the HOD Grants and Compliance; undertake a qualitative review, grammatical edit and ensure compliance to guidelines and donors’ requirements, use of proper templates
- Ensure that internal timelines and external deadlines are met; maintain the reporting tracker developed by HOD, follow up on inputs from project teams and technical staff and update archive on NHF and in the base.
- In collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program, WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, Log, Finance, MEAL coordinators), address any further follow-up question/s, comment, etc., to ensure compliant and quick submission of additional and/or revised information required.
- Coordinate responses to any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback.
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team Formulate concept notes and proposals; develop context, compile and edit narrative components, ensure budget templates are shared, monitoring and compose other documents as necessary;
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will identify interventions to be presented to international/local donors when necessary.
- Assist with research on funding opportunities, and potential donors, partners, and their strategies;
- Develop internal knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and reporting mechanisms; communication, advocacy, and cross-cutting policies, internal reporting APRs, situation reports, project updates, beneficiary count and technical evaluations report.
- Ensure compliance with donor visibility requirements, edit and draft human interest stories, success stories and photographs for donor reports and presentations.
- Assist the HOD Grants and Compliance and area coordinator in the development of grant portfolio summaries, project, and donor brief/updates;
- Assist to identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting processes.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports, etc.).
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge management products, publications, factsheets;
- Facilitate kick-off, review and closing meetings to ensure project objectives are being met and identify and challenges, delays or deviations from the project plan; and communicate with donors, support on any internal or external realignments as appropriate.
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from the kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests).
- Under the supervision of the HOD, Grants develop grant revisions, cost extensions, budget realignments and modifications
- Facilitate training and capacity building for field teams, in particular, Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management Tools and internal reporting tools.
- Build the capacity of field staff to write and incorporate feedback on donor reports;
- Identify and communicate to program/technical, field and M&E staff gaps in reporting/data collection.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects among project managers, technical as well as operational support staff
- Degree and / or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (International Relations, Political Science, Law, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector.
- Excellent expertise in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools
- Strong commitment to Mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection)
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English.
- At least 3 years as Grant Writer or similar (i.e. Project Officer)
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, AECID.
- knowledge of Humanitarian principles, SPHERE project minimum standard, gender, protection, and conflict sensitivity
- Fluency in English and an additional advantage if fluent in Hausa and Kanuri
- Well organized, attentive to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player;
- Ready and willing to travel to remote locations, remain calm and under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal guidance, pressure and tight deadlines;
- Problem solver with a work style that builds confidence in others
Minimum Gross Basic Salary NGN 424,310 per month
Job Title: Logistics Archivist Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory Job type: Full Time Starting date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Procurement Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities Objective 1 - Implement and improve the archiving system for all other logistics issues:
- Provide an up to date archives documentation of PDs files
- Reorganize and classify in order all PDs folders
- Control each PD by verifying them for missing documents using the checklist.
- Ensure original documents existing in logistic folders (except for invoices)
- Sort out documents to take out double or triple copies
- Check all documents to ensure that the filling is correctly done and set up corrections or add missing data
- Monitoring closely all new PDs archiving and field files.
- Ensure PDs are archived serially and according to PD references for the dossiers.
- Request support from IT officer for the settings of this tool
- Follow up correctly guidelines from the kitlog
- Ensure that field files forwarded to him are validated (cross-check of the checklist) before any archiving (hard and soft copy)
- Make a backup for all hard copy archives.
- Processing payments for submission to finance.
- Change file details to the new Logo
- Report weekly progress report
- Provide Work plan activities and report to supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management / any Technical field preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role is preferred.
- It is desirable that experience is supported by academic study.
- Well-organized, able to multitask, and rigorous
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience with ACF or other NGO’s preferred
Minimum Basic Salary NGN 109,897 per Month
Job Title: Logistics Assistant - Facilities Location: Maiduguri, Borno Job type: Full Time Starting date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities Objective 1 - Support Logistics Officer in facilities and premises maintenance:
- Ensure routine facilities and premises maintenance.
- Conduct minor repairs of electrical works, carpentry, plumbing, equipment, and other maintenance tasks, as assigned.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Ensure supervision of the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensure maintenance of generators and Monitoring of generator log sheet.
- Follow-up of refuelling of the generators.
- Assist Logistics Officer in follow-up and support of the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with the store keeper.
- Assist the Storekeeper, prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed, when required.
- Participate in procurement process of requested items with validation from Logistics Officer.
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on base.
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of external audits.
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary.
- National Diploma / Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical / Civil Engineering or any other equivalent course that can manage facilities.
- At least 2 years work experience in a reputable Organization
- Computer literacy including most Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Technical skills in maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Skills in routine facility inspection and reporting
- Knowledge of fire and health safety guidelines
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills
Minimum Basic Salary NGN156,995 per month
Job Title: WASH Project Manager Location: Damboa, Borno Job type: Full Time Proposed Start date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
- The WASH Project Manager is to oversee the implementation of WASH project in Damboa, Borno State Nigeria, with the aim to improve access to emergency WASH services for vulnerable population.
- Develop effective design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards ensuring effective maintenance and use of WASH equipment;
- Implement the mission’s WASH strategy within the project framework taking into account the key internal and external documents: Action Against Hunger Charter, 2015 strategic framework, policies (WASH and other Action Against Hunger sectors), positioning papers (WASH and transversal), national strategies and other specific legal framework enforced by the body/department in charge of WASH issues.
- Develop and implement the use of appropriate techniques and resources for hygiene promotion and training.
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues relating to the management of the program, and inform the hierarchy accordingly.
- Post-implementation monitoring of Action Against Hunger WASH structures.
- Plan and manage emergency responses; and priorities activities according to humanitarian needs.
- Supervision of the WASH program staff: induction, follow up, evaluation, and promotion of positive team dynamics and motivation
- Oversee the activities of WASH program staff in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals - this includes regular visits to the field sites in order to evaluate achievements; to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs.
- Evaluation of WASH program staff as per the defined schedule
- Participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the county and state level, as well as national level as required.
- Collaborate and communicate with Technical and Support Coordinators, Program Managers, CD, and any other Action Against Hunger resource people in order to ensure the coherence of activities and reports in terms of Action Against Hunger WASH strategy.
- Informing/updating the Field Co and CD on WASH program implementation and any issues on a regular basis.
- Participation in weekly base team meetings and any other general team or strategy meetings.
- Participation in the overall mission and program strategy, narrative and financial project proposals and reporting, in collaboration with Logistics/Finance/Country Director and other program coordinators as necessary.
- Track the progress of activities by ensuring the collecting of program indicators.
- Preparing inputs for the mission weekly and monthly situation reports as well as contractual donor reports;
- Engineering or Public Health Degree (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene;
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred;
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience, within a WASH management/supervisory capacity;
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight;
- Demonstrate commitment Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context;
- Experience managing a team of staff.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.Application Deadline Friday, 3rd July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts