Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Vacancy at Lily Hospitals Limited for a Pharmacy Technician
Vacancy at Lily Hospitals Limited for a Pharmacy Technician
Mar 14, 2019, 9:54 AM
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and was also recently accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate. We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Male Pharmacy Technician Location: Warri, Delta Type: Full Time Job Category: Junior level Job Summary
- The Pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in providing medication and other health care products to patients.
- Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Prepare the prescription labels, select the type of prescription container, and affix the prescription and auxiliary labels to the container.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, ensuring First-in-First-Out (FIFO) system is strictly adhered to, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt and removing outdated drugs.
- Receive written prescription or refill request from patients and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Deliver appropriate medications and pharmaceutical supplies in the right quantity to patients, nursing stations or surgery.
- Verify prescription information and dosage.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies, and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform pharmacist of stock needs and shortages.
- Minimum academic qualification of Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- 2 to 3 years relevant work experience in the Health sector.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts