Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy at Solidarites International (SI) for Emergency Program Manager
Vacancy at Solidarites International (SI) for Emergency Program Manager
Nov 1, 2019, 10:45 PM
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Emergency Program Manager Location: Maiduguri, Borno Beginning of contract: ASAP Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension) Probation period: 2 months Mission
- The Emergency Program Manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals.
- (S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program.
- (S)he guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
- Implement activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarity International technical requirements, and donor criteria
- Plan and oversee the implementation of program WASH that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Ensure the achievement of results of the programs (s)he is responsible for
- Anticipate the difficulties associated with conducting activities WASH and help solve problems related to programs WASH
- Propose program changes WASH according to the changing environment and indicators
- In collaboration with the administrative service, contribute to the development of program budgets, budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Develop the state of needs and the Treasury requests with activity managers
- Plan the activity or activities WASH with the support Departments (administrative, logistics), according to objectives
- Propose and develop indicators for monitoring program activities WASH and context
- Use management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools
- Respect SI procedures
- Provide support and advice to the logistics base for the purchase of materials specific to activities WASH
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
- Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Participate in validating recruitment for the national technical staff WASH ,
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility
- Implement training related to operational requirements WASH and the identified training needs
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members
- Identify potential changes in members of his/her team(s) and provide feedback to the Program Manager / HR Desk Referent
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules.
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Assure Solidarités International’s representation in the meetings or forums concerning the program in his/her place of employment…activity…
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the Program Manager and Program Coordinator
- B.Eng in Civil Engineering, Building Technology, Architecture or related degrees.
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up.
- Computer skills: good knowledge in CAD software (Auto CAD, Archi CAD, etc), good knowledge in Excel, Power point and Word application
- 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- English, (Hausa, Kanuri a plus)
- Reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication) and team player.
- According to SI salary grid
- When the above link opens, select Emergency Program Manager – Maiduguri, then fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts