Vacancy For Finance Associate at The United Nations Children's Fund
Jun 4, 2018, 2:22 PM
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate, GS-6
Job Number: 513585
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
- The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
- At the G-6 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
Key Functions, accountability and related Duties/Tasks
- Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets. Advise units of discrepancies and assist to resolve differences in their records.
- Maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts. This includes prepares recurring reports and bank reconciliation.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, NEP and leave balances, etc.
- Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
Qualification and Competencies Requirements
- Completion of Secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
- A minimum of six years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
- Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (ii)
- Working with People (ii)
- Drive for Results (ii)
- Analyzing (ii)
- Applying Technical Expertise (ii)
- Planning & Organizing (ii)
- Following Instruction and Procedures (ii)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2018.