Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Vacancy for Head Underwriter in a Health Maintenance Organization
Vacancy for Head Underwriter in a Health Maintenance Organization
Nov 12, 2019, 4:34 PM
Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a Health Maintenance Organization is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring a suitably qualified candidates for the position below: Job Title: Head Underwriter Job Ref: MH/1135/HU Location: Lagos, Nigeria Type: Full Time Career: Senior/Expert Reports to: Board of Directors/CEO Job Description
- Underwrite all the company's product and services including new and renewal business such as Corporate, Government, Retail and all other services the Company embarks upon, ensure that new business submission, and renewals are in sync with appropriate rates and corresponding benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Insurance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics Mathematics or any other business/numerical course.
- Previous work experience in an HMO is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10years work experience in similar role a must
- Relevant professional qualification would be an added advantage
- Very high attention to details and Comfortable with figures
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word & Power Point
- Effective communication orally and in writing
- Top notch analytical skills and a Fast learner
- Analysing and interpolating all Medical claims data, identifying high cost claimants, capture this input into a rating model for premium determination and closely monitoring client profitability by reporting on client Medical Loss ratios on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring, through appropriate product pricing and benefits reviews, have an oversights of profitability on all accounts/book of business and implementing necessary changes in order to meet profitability targets.
- Understanding and evaluating Market trends, identifying potential customer segments the Manager Care Market for advancement of product offering.
- Preparing and delivering professional presentations and participate in new case implementation meetings.
- Supporting new business acquisitions and business growth by working with key internal stakeholders.
- Reviewing provider/Claiming payments methodologies and working with Medical Teams in achieving significant case rate tariffs and capitations fees.
- Periodically developing and reviewing rates tables within underwriting guidelines.
- Establishing a governance system that ensure full compliance with given product/benefit ratings
- Assisting with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standard to produce profitable result. (ETC)
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts