Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Vacancy For Lawyer In A Renowned Law Firm
Vacancy For Lawyer In A Renowned Law Firm
Jul 17, 2019, 3:38 PM
Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a leading Law firm in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Lawyer Job ID: LS/135/GO Location: Ikoyi, Lagos State Department: Commercial Litigation Job Type: Full Time Reports to: The CEO Brief
- We are seeking to hire a Commercial Litigation lawyer to manage all issues pertaining to business transactions such as negotiation and preparation of corporate/commercial contracts, negotiating and implementing mergers and acquisitions including restructuring corporate entities, provide advice on a range of commercial matters including the drafting & negotiating of a wide range of commercial agreements, supplier contracts as well as internal & external client terms.
- A Lawyer with 10 year experience capable of providing clients with quality legal services and can assume major challenges on behalf of clients and work diligently with the highest level of professionalism, competence and confidentiality.
- Provide advice on a range of commercial matters including major procurement activities, complex commercial contracts, Joint Ventures, partnerships, and some corporate work.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Overseeing and managing product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance.
- Developing and executing litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluating and managing pre-litigation disputes.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
- In addition, some knowledge of the application of public procurement and competition law to the relevant legal practice areas would be an advantage.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Law.
- Must have a Minimum of 7-10 years Post Call experience.
- Must be Smart and fast paced legal professional, good with brief writing, research and advocacy.
- Must have a sound judgment and outstanding analytical and contractual skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, initiative, and confidence.
- Must have knowledge and interest in the structure, aims and objectives of an appreciation of its regulatory responsibilities as a publicly funded body.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts