Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy for Output Lead 1 - DFID PLANE at FHI 360
Vacancy for Output Lead 1 - DFID PLANE at FHI 360
Nov 27, 2019, 8:42 PM
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Output Lead 1 - DFID PLANE Requisition: 2019202069 Location: Abuja, Nigeria Job type: Full time Job Descriptions
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Lead, the Output 1 Lead will provide technical leadership of materials development, trainings and continuous professional development of primary school teachers/Integrated Qur’anic School (IQS) Facilitators.
- H/She will provide expertise in instruction, assessment, research, coaching, training and materials development.
- Coordinate the assessment and revision of existing relevant material, review and the development and production of new instructional materials to improve pupils’ foundational skills, including but not limited to: effective teacher training modules, assessment, monitoring, supplementary materials, mentoring/coaching guide and Community of Practice Guide.
- May serve as a resource on administrative and operational issues.
- Work closely with State Team Leads, Community Mobilization and Gender Coordinator and other technical staff in the implementation of all teacher professional development workshops, Community of Practice meetings and training of trainers (ToT).
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and other technical staff.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with relevant government agencies and other partners.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of program activities for improved learning outcomes in schools.
- Model lessons that utilize best teaching practices and instruction in improving pupils’ foundational skills and learning outcomes.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate curriculum enrichment efforts.
- Assist in development and implementation of standards, indicators of success, and benchmarks.
- Reporting on Programme activities and best practices in reading instruction.
- Knowledge of reading & literacy programs in Nigeria.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding formative learning processes.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationship with staff and other partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in terms of reporting.
- Relevant computer software and internet skills (at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office and Excel).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and Hausa language.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria minimum of 50%.
- Advanced degree in Education with a concentration in early grade reading, literacy, language acquisition and non-formal education or related field.
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in language acquisition and/or child literacy or reading especially in Hausa Language. certification as reading/literacy specialist preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (L1), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in developing and producing of supplementary reading materials, workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional materials to improve early grades reading
- Has ability to coordinate reading interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, experience in working with teachers to improve practice
- Demonstrable knowledge of research-based best practices in content-area reading skills and strategies and literacy instruction
- Experience/preparation in modeling teaching, observing teachers, and providing non-judgmental feedback.
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts