Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Vacancy For Regional Senior Program Manager at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited, 13th May, 2019
Vacancy For Regional Senior Program Manager at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited, 13th May, 2019
May 13, 2019, 11:13 PM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Regional Senior Program Manager Locations: Abuja or Oyo Job Type: Full Time Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP) Travel: Extensive travels across project States About the Program Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. If approved, the program will span 5 years and will:
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- The Regional Senior Program Manager's primary responsibilities are outlined below. S/he is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Program Oversight: Oversee program activities in his/her assigned region, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the program objectives and expected outcomes. Ensure that the program implementation in his/her region is aligned to relevant standards and makes use of tools, systems and procedures that are in place. Monitor changes, risks and issues, escalate to the CoP as applicable and ensure they are adequately addressed. Work with the program leadership to ensure regional program activities and staff’s compliance with Sahel’s policies and donor requirements.
- Relationship Building & Management: In coordination with the CoP, build and manage effective relations with relevant State Governments, partners and regional stakeholders involved with the program in order to ensure ongoing alignment, commitment and accountability to deliver on the program’s targets. Represent the program at the highest-levels in the assigned states.
- Program Implementation: Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the management of program activities in his/her region and in alignment with directives and guidelines provided by the program headquarters. Provide leadership to regional staff to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of program activities and deliverables in alignment with approved workplans. Work with the program headquarters to coordinate regular internal reviews, updates and reports. Provide input into the development of external program reports.
- Team Building & Management: Create and sustain an environment and culture at the regional office that aligns with that at headquarters and promotes great performance and positive morale. Lead and inspire regional team to deliver on program objectives, providing them with coaching and support as needed.
- Master's degree in Business, Program Management, Development Studies or related field of study
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in senior management position with demonstrated results focus, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectations
- Program management experience in international organizations and/or large multifaceted programs or projects
- Existing program experience in North-central, Northwest, Northeast or Southwest Nigeria
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and task facilitation
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality is also required
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel extensively across project states within Nigeria
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing alliances with the private sector; ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce; adept at aligning stakeholders with differing agendas
- Superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Ability to inspire confidence and build trust
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts