Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Vacancy For Senior Engineer, Global Cloud-Ops at Zola Electric, 14th February, 2019
Vacancy For Senior Engineer, Global Cloud-Ops at Zola Electric, 14th February, 2019
Feb 14, 2019, 5:06 PM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Engineer, Global Cloud-Ops Location: Lagos, Nigeria Job Description
- We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria, to support our growth strategy in Africa, changing the lives of millions with our innovative products.
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Zola Electric to change the renewable energy landscape.
- You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets (billions of people around the world) with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it.
- You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- Design and implement processes and tools to maintain a secure IT environment that operates in compliance with corporate policy and local legislation
- Maintain a secure ‘patch-level’ and configuration of software and systems
- Monitor system events and the configuration of the environment, perform audits, action outcomes and make report
- Support Country Organizations with monitoring and compliance
- Lead and execute IT projects of services in scope
- Provide domain support with the roll-out and sourcing of new applications, services and hardware
- Support Country Organizations with domain expertise on core IT tech.
- Process Tier2 and Tier3 tickets and coordinate vendor support
- Establish and maintain documentation for services in scope
- Ensure availability and performance of services; monitor, optimize and report in close cooperation with vendors and other functions within Digital Platforms
- Keep software on end user devices up to date
- Coordinate and execute all changes around the services in scope
- Advise the organization on the optimal use of the services
- Contribute to the implementation of improvements
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and produce technical documentation
- The ability to work well in a distributed and international team
- Analytical, excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Customer focused, understands customers and takes a proactive approach to meeting their needs in an effective and timely manner
- Identifies opportunities to optimize cost and improve customer service and satisfaction
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar work environment and/or position
- Certified Network CCNA, CMNO or comparable
- ISSEP certified or comparable
- Experience managing contact center infrastructure and systems (Genesys)
- Ability to build and maintain API integrations
- IT service management, understanding of ITIL and Lean/IT concepts, terms and processes
- Expert on IT security concepts, audit and standards
- Expert knowledge of network protocols (IP, WiFi, ethernet) and associated components (firewalls, routers, etcetera)
- Expert of IT hardware and associated user computing environments (Android, MS Windows 10, macOS)
- Expert on device management, application packaging and endpoint security
- Solid understanding of contact center and voice/video/telephony technology
- Foundational knowledge of software engineering and systems architecture
- Basic API programming: Python, Java
- Basic BI and data skills to produce reports based on small data sets
- Discrete, able to handle confidential information
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts